How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Level 4

I am new here...very new.  Just a week or two .  Still it has already happened to me also.  What I did was counter offer.  When that wasn't good enough and they come back again the next day with another low ball suggestion I refused , as politely as possible of course...but just refuse .  Then I directed her to another item I had on offer that was more in her price range.  I didn't hear back,...but that is fine too !  Just stand your ground !  If they are rude enough to just keep on trying to get something for nothing...I see nothing wrong with just saying NO !  The price is as low as I feel I can go... and stick by it.  None of us HAVE to sell ANYTHING , we are still gonna go right on eating rather we do or not.  So it can be fun or an annoyance depending on how the buyer approaches the negotiations.  Just do what you can do and then let what happens happen.  If the like it fine and if they don't fine...it is what it is.  Move on !

Level 4

I do agree that we should never be rude to anyone here regardless of them trying to low ball a deal.  That takes all of the fun out of it.  No excuse for rudeness from the shopper OR the seller...unnecessary at best.  Just a simple " I really can't go that low...but I appreciate your consideration " should be enough... 

Level 10! You're a 10!
@Marysidney--I love the idea of offering an item that may be of interest to that's more in the buyers price range. Also, when I receive an offer, I negotiate & try to reach common ground or a middle point so both parties are satisfied!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas!! Awesome!!
BWN
Level 1
I ignore them. No response at all especially if it is firm $15. And they offer $5.
Level 2

@BWN wrote:
I ignore them. No response at all especially if it is firm $15. And they offer $5.

That is what I do too.

There is no discussion when someone is offering 50% of the asking price.

The buyer should do some research on eBay to see what the price is for similar items that have sold

Level 10! You're a 10!
@atexit8--Its great to use different sites to help factor in what price you might want to sell your items!! Great idea!!
Level 10! You're a 10!
@BWN--Great idea setting your price, & checking to see what similar items might be selling!! Awesome idea!!
Level 2

@Hi-there wrote:
@atexit8--Its great to use different sites to help factor in what price you might want to sell your items!! Great idea!!

I have been on eBay for about 20 years mostly to sell things I don't need anymore.

That market place is bigger so there is more data about what an item should sell for especially things like laptops, cell phones, etc.

Also, sold the occasional items on Craigslist --- generally items too big to ship.

I thought OfferUp would be better, but it seems that there are as many "flakes" here as there are on Craigslist.  LOL.

Level 10! You're a 10!
@atexit8-Its great when you use different venues to sell your products, & it's also a great way to gain more views & responses!! That's awesome!!
Level 10! You're a 10!
@goblin--I totally agree with you!! Even as sellers we may have the best intentions, & there are always those encounters that challenge your beliefs & the way that you do things. Then the questions arise "How low will you go in price" & so on. Thanks so much for your time and feedback!!