How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Level 6
@Conor1, Welcome to Community Forum Leave comments and give rhumb up,and somes Kudos, earns somes badges along the way. There is nothing wrong with flips stuffs on OfferUp I done it before. Did you have experiences to share?
Tags (1)
Level 2
That's pretty much my stategy too. I'm always placing low prices on the stuff I sell just to move it faster. And when I obtain free merchandise, as an audio installer, I am given the old equipment when the customer won't take it, I really don't mind the lowballer offers, at this point any offer is profit because my cost was 0...
Level 6
@Aniceto, Welcome to OfferUp Community Forum, thanks for sharing Lower baller offer ideas. I'm always placing low prices on the stuff I sell just to move it faster. And when I obtain free merchandise, as an audio installer, I am given the old equipment when the customer won't take it, I really don't mind the lowballer offers, at this point any offer is profit because my cost was 0... This is excellent comments! @Aniceto. Are you on OfferUp app buying or selling?
Level 2
I struggle with this. I have some collectible toys that are competitively priced with eBay prices, but I consistently get 75-90% lower than my asking price. I had to start putting disclaimers at the top of the item description claiming the price is firm, or will not accept low offers - since people use the "ask" option to negotiate, even though my products are set to FIRM.
Tags (2)
Level 1
If they never respond then how do you find that they are resellers?
Level 6

Hi @ACH27 welcome to the forums,,,,,,,,,,some collectibles dont sell very well in certain areas,,,,or at certain times,,,,they go through times when they are popular and times when not as popular,,,,,,,,,,,,when you say priced according to ebay prices,,,,,,,does that mean priced acording to past ebay sales,,,,,,or what folks on ebay are asking now,,,,,,,,,,,,,asking price of someone else is not a good way to move your product,,,,,past sales price is better ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and not just past sale price,,,,,but recent past sell price,,,,,,,some collectibles go down in price also,,,,,, there are lots of good ideas here in the forums to increase your sales,,,,,,,,maybe you can get some ideas by doing some reading here ,,,,would also like to hear any ideas you have on some of the topics here

Level 6

Hi @Orlat welcome to the forums,,,,,,,,,a lot of folks here in the forum think anyone that makes a lower offer is reselling,,,,,,,,,,truth is ,,,,they have no clue most of the time if the person is planing on reselling it or not.,,,,,,,,,there is lots of good information here in the forums though,,,,,,,read through and give us your opinion on some of the subjects ,would love to hear from you

Level 10! You're a 10!

Hey @Orlat, if your responding to a comment or another member you can place an @ in front of the members name to get a faster reply.

Resellers seem to be the more common reason for those types of offers currently.

When speaking of collectibles @ACH27 it's all about the market. Sometimes, it's just not there. The popularity of collectibles throughout OfferUp, from what I'm seeing, varies wildly. Hang in there and believe me, do not allow your prices to be swayed by lowballers. They mainly have a different agenda. 

Level 6

I got a low  offer from someone today,,,,,nice couple,,,,,,NOT a reseller ,,,,,,,it was a twenty dollar item,,,,they offered me 10,,,i told them i would let it go for 16 if they met this morning to get it,,,something i made,,,,,,,at the meet up,,,,,,,he complimented my work, and said he was gonna use it for a pattern to make more to use,,,,,,,and gave me my full asking price,,,,,,,,,very nice folks,,,,,,,,,they offered me a low price,,,,,,,because thats just common practice acceptable through out the world ,,,,,,,,,BARTERING,,,,,NOT  A THING WRONG WITH IT.,,,,,,,,,IT WAS ANOTHER GREAT OFFERUP TRANSACTION,,,,,,,,,BUY SELL SIMPLE

Level 6

on tuesday i sold a thyme plant that i grew,i had 20 dollars on it,,a fair price,,,,,,the lady offered me ten,,,,,i said i cant go lower than 18,,,,,,no response,,,,,,so i added ,,,,,,if you only have ten dollars to spend ,,you can buy a planter , a bag of dirt and some seeds for ten dollars and in two years , you will have a nice plant like mine,,,,,,,,,,,she messaged me back,,,,,two years!,,,,,,,and said YES I WILL GIVE YOU 18,,,,,,,,very nice lady,,,,, ANOTHER GREAT OFFERUP TRANSACTION,,,,,,,,,,also her daughter purchased a plant from me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you are nice to folks , you will get repeat customers,,,,,,,,,dont judge everyone by their initial offer,,,,not everyone is a reseller,,,,,,,some folks just like to barter,,,,