How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Level 2
Some people are in need and it dont hurt to try it dont hurt to ask or to answer its just a simple no and thats it right have great day
Level 2
Lowballers...sometime I ask if they are a person in great need....or i say Thank you but no thanks ....or i say I wish i could help you out but i cant.
Level 2
I do not like to use the word low-ball. The majority of people who choose OfferUp to shop for deals are doing just that hoping to get the best deal. The seller pretty much has a pricing range in thier head. Most buyers with the help of Google search do thier research before they decide to make a purchase so they generally have a ballpark figure of how much something is worth. You will always have that person who is in search of the best deal.Ultimately as long as the seller makes it perfectly clear that right now this is my set price the potential buyer will respect your reply and maybe even purchase your item at a later date for the asking price listed. OfferUp is a great platform for buying and selling let's do the best we can to handle every transaction with professionalism and respect.
Have a great day and happy buying and selling 😀
Level 6

HI @Jayz_house ,,,,,welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,i agree with you,,,,,,,,,the majority of my buyers offer a low price to start,,,,,my last sale offered me half,,,,,i offered him 25 percent off if he met with me in the next few hours,,,,,,,,,,he did,,,,,,and then payed me the whole amount after he saw the item,,,,,,,,,,,i just price my stuff accordingly ,,,,,any offer is a good offer,,,,,,,,,,i dont have to accept it,,,,,some of them you can barter with ,,,,some of them you cant,,,,,,,,,a simple no thankyou is all it takes for those that simply make too low of an offer.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i love offerup,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,would love to hear your input on the other topics in here jayz,,,,,,,,join in the conversations

Level 2
Many times I accept there offer and then ask them what part they want. The front, back part with the cord etc. I'm going to have to cut it in half since they only want to pay for half
Level 1
don't put the price you won't. ad some to it. people like to think they got a steel.
Level 6
You treated your business like a divorce case @Cher20remm, so funny, you have make it to OfferUp Community Forum a great start. Welcome to Community Forum leave comments and give somes Kudos earns somes badges. Have you check out our Comunity Forums latest post. How do you handle lowballer? There are alot of topics was disscussion on the OC Forum check it out. How is your selling on OfferUp app? Do you do buying stuff on OfferUp app as well?
Community Manager

hahahaha @StevenY Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

I like your technique, @Cher20remm! A light and funny way to let them know that the offer was too low. 

Level 2
I had a very rude customer that insisted my list price was too high I checked this exact same item on eBay and amazon to compare price, my list price was way under their price gave to customer option to purchase elsewhere
Level 2
I’ve dealt with similar situations. It is frustrating at times