How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Level 3
Welcome all offers
Level 6
Hi @CindywRich, Welcome to OfferUp Community Forum. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Can you be more specific about your strategy? I would like to hear from you more.
Level 2
What can you really do about low ballers? Everyone wants a better/cheaper price. I have sold over 100 items on Offer Up. Sometimes I gotta go a little lower than I want. But sometime I get more than I would be willing to pay. You win some, you lose some. I only block rude people because the person you block because of a low offer just might be the same person that is looking for a high priced item that you have listed for sale.

IM JUST SAYING......
Level 3
I've been in customer service for over 20 years. Lol i cant help but be polite. I usually just say no thank you to low ball offers. Occasionally I'll explain it's a new listing or a firm price. I blocked one guy because he kept low balling new listings again and again. Not just a little but by a lot. He wanted everything for $5. No matter how much my price was. I really try to not take it personally. I did actually snap at one lady for a low ball the other day. Id had nothing but low ball offers all day and was irritated about it. It was a shelf listed for $5 and she offered $3. I responded with you're really gonna low ball a $5 shelf? She responded with I hadn't marked it firm and so she made an offer. I responded that this was true. I hadn't marked it firm because I didn't think I needed to since it was a shelf for $5.
Turns out she was a young mom who had recently moved to the area and just needed furniture. She didn't have a lot of $$ and apologized for the low offer. In the end i gave it to her for free and apologized for acting like a jerk. She was so thankful. Just goes to show, it's best to just politely decline and move on.

I also do price a bit higher then i want on most things and do take lower reasonable offers.
Level 2
Low ballers is ?..i assume its a save $ , cheap , affordable fair seller. As i like 2 be with others
Level 2
Low ballers 2 me make it great, i echo money saver lookout as i like 2 be 2. Better 2 be a low baller than a high baller
Level 2
Yes indeed pal , i feel uSmiley Happy. Similar with meSmiley Happy. Like wise have a gday. I echo have a blessed day
Level 6

Hi @Joelene768 and @Newstart777 welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,I welcome any offer,,,,,,,most of the offers i get are low offers ,,,,,,,i would say 80 percent are lower offers ,,,,,,some quite low,,,,,,,,,,,,i just give a counter offer and most times i get an acceptable price and make a good profit ,,,,,,,,,once in a while i turn down offers, not a big deal,,,,,,,,the seller is in control and does not have to accept a low offer,,,,,,,,i find it best to just ask a little more than what you are willing to accept,,,,,,,,,people like paying less than what is asked,,,,,,,makes them feel like they are getting a deal.,,,,,,,and sometimes ,thats all the money the person has,,,,,,,i think quite a few people are just kind of addicted to offer up ,,,,,,,,,they have ten bucks and they just want to buy sometime,,,,,,,,others just like to think they got even a better deal than you are offering,,,plus,,,,,,,who doesnt like to pay a low price if they can,

Level 6

Tell them your giving them 1 more try before you block them, if they dont reply back with a higher offer, or simply dont reply back at all, send thrm a message saying that you have now blocked them and then go block them, theyre never going to give you what anything is worth so why allow them to waste yiur time.

Ive accepted many lowballers offers just to see what they will do when i say come get it within the next hour, i have found that none of them even shows up when you accept their offers anyway! Theyre just wasting your time and probsbly dont even have a penny to their nsme to begin with.

Level 6

Ive accepted many lowballers offers on some items that had little intrerest over the kast 3 months and ive found out that none of those buyers has ever shown up to buy anything! They are just wasyingbpeopkes time so why would you care what they think or even engage with them any further? By saying Thanks have a nice day sounds even more condisending than telling them NO and being dobe with it, i will sometimes tell lowballers that ill give them i more try incase they mistyoed the offer so far 1 buyer has made a second more readonable offer that turned into a ssle, this is out of a few hundred lowballers so far. It proves that its not worth wasting your time to even reply, just block them snd move on.