How does TruYou help me from not getting scammed?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1

I have been thinking about TruYou and how it's supposed to make transations safer, but I don't understand how it helps. Let's say a seller of concert tickets is a TruYou member and decides to sell me fake tickets. Can I report the seller to OfferUp and will OfferUp give me the information of the seller so I can report the seller to the police? Or will OfferUp report the seller to the police themselves? I doubt this will happen so to me it seems like TruYou just creates a false sense of security.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Offerup will give the police any info that they have on the user. Offerup will also limit what the seller can do on the app, I think.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Helper
If you report the user who sells you fake tickets, you can report them to the police and give Offerup the report number and your local pd contact. They wont give you the persons info. Offerup wont report to the police. You would and just supply Offerup with the info by replying to the email that is generated from the reporting of the user. With TruYou, they have to use an Id with their picture and a selfie to verify that they have the account.
Level 1

Thank you for a quick reply. If I understand correctly, so after I supply OfferUp with the report number and pd contact info OfferUp will contact the police and give them the ID of the seller?

Community Helper
Offerup will give the police any info that they have on the user. Offerup will also limit what the seller can do on the app, I think.