How to hide or block posts from certain sellers?

Level 3
This option MUST be added. It's impossible sell something or buy when competing against businesses! As an example look at cellphone market, its crazy! People that have business overwhelm with their posts hundreds of them during a day, and there is no way to compete against them. There are no filters, no block, hide, ban their posts like Craiglist has. This option has to be added or cost extra business owners and mark them as dealer but not owner, so regular people would have chance to filter them out and deal with owners but not business owners.
94 REPLIES 94
OfferUp employee

Thanks for the feedback @green. I'll make a note for the team.

my thoughts exactly,
Level 2
Please give us the option to block certain sellers. My example is this guy who sells surfboards in my area but he posts over 10 separate listings for the same item.It floods my search results and makes it really hard to find more legitimate listings.
OfferUp employee

@Titoboy While you can't block specific posts, you can block a user. To block a user, tap the report button and submit your report. You will then have the option to block the user. If you want to unblock a user, you can follow these instructions@green

Level 2
I've reported him already but there is no option to block?
Highlighted
Level 3
Elin, what you are offering doesn't help. Blocking certain users just block them from messaging you but not hiding all their posts / listings.
OfferUp employee

@green I see. That is not something we offer at the moment but we will definitely take your feedback into consideration for future feature enhancements. Is this something that you think everyone would want? Is it something our team can help with in regards to them not following our Community Guidelines, Posting Rules, or Item Guidelines? I know you explain a little bit, but more examples would help. Let me know. 

Level 1
We should have the option to block users and not letting them see your items for sale or by versa for us to not see their post.

The same problem occurs on other Ecommerce sites as well. Ebay & Etsy do not offer that feature, but do have filters for price, location, used/new, etc. Sometimes it is all about key words in a search to whittle it down. I am sure OfferUp will tweak and adjust as time goes by, adding features and options as they go? They need the feedback and suggestions from users to fine tune things. Some are realistic, some are not. There is NO PERFECT venue or platform to sell from. Some are better than others. You pick and choose which one works for you. Such is life on the internet. I wish you all good commerce!