How to hide or block posts from certain sellers?

Level 1
Yes, I've been doing it for months but nothing has happened to the person.
Level 9

Hi @Eperk welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,,i agree with you ,,,,it does very little to no good to report duplicates,,,,,,,,ive reported many duplicates ,,,,,,the posts and the person,,,,,,and they continue some of the same people have been doing it for a year and been reported by myself and others and still continue to do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a friend that is a buyer just told me the other day,,,,,,,,,,,every time he looks at the app its the same stuff,,,,,,,,,he said he stopped looking at it,,,,,,,,,,,,ive pretty much decided to stop wasting my time to flag anything,,,,,,,,,,its pretty annoying to spend my time to do it,,,,,,then have to spend my time to clean out the crap email ,,the auto response they send out every time you flag something,,then they do nothing about it,,,,,,,,im in a less populated area and a hand full of people keep posting and reposting the same things,,,,,,,some have five to ten duplicats posted of every item,,,,,,,,,i get compliments from 70 percent of my buyers at meetup about me not having a biunch of duplicate posts,,,,,,,,a lot of buyers hate it,,,,,,and several of them have mentioned some of the people that i have flagged.,,,,,,,,,,,its kinda strange because i have had several things removed that dont break any rules and had to email offerup to get them to put them back up,,,,,,,and yet the one breaking all the rules just about dont ever get anything removed,,,,,,,,,some of them have high sales and good profiles ,,,,,,,,i wonder if offerup leaves them alone just because of that.,,,,,,,,,, i say high sales,,,,,,but their sales numbers are way way way higher than that number by thier stars

Highlighted
Community Helper
I do not have this issue at all in Colorado!
I do not agree, although I don’t have this issue here.

What I gather from reading over. I think the community does not want to see ads from members they have personally blocked. This would give the option to decide upon not seeing messages from certain other members.

I do not think that limits on posts or adding a ton of new features would be useful nor do I agree with stopping all business posts, as I see several mom/pop stores with handmade, thrift, and many other reasonable businesish posts
Community Manager

Love this @Conor! I really agree with that last statement. Personally, if I block a specific seller, I'd like to block their posts as well. I'm not sure how easy/hard that would be to code, but I think it would be super helpful! I also agree that small businesses should be able to post because I love supporting local businesses and local economy and all, but I wish they would follow the posting rules and guidelines better. We welcome any feedback on this! Smiley Very Happy

Community Helper

@Mj_206 wrote:

Love this @Conor! I really agree with that last statement. Personally, if I block a specific seller, I'd like to block their posts as well. I'm not sure how easy/hard that would be to code, but I think it would be super helpful! I also agree that small businesses should be able to post because I love supporting local businesses and local economy and all, but I wish they would follow the posting rules and guidelines better. We welcome any feedback on this! Smiley Very Happy

Seems like most people would prefer to have this as a feature.

Come on MJ_206 you can get this in front of the right team!! 

I don't seem to have the same level of difficulty when it comes to getting/seeing action on reported violations. The auto scams and duplicates I report, I see removed in a very short time. However, reports of fake items and piracy, doesn't seem to get handled the same way. I do know we have ranks that matter. What else could be the reason behind the disparity we see?

Level 9

@Mj_206 The ability to block sellers and their posts permanently would alleviate many of the complaints involving duplicates, spammers, duplicate ads, piracy, counterfeit items, etc.

@cyclomatic The counterfeit items/piracy ads have to be reviewed by human eyes since they are not blantantly obvious as duplicates, weapons,etc. before the ads are removed, but there is pobably some threshold number of reports from distinct IP's that have to be received before the ads are elevated for audit. 

Level 3
Can we please get an update on this feature request from a CM or PM? Is it on your roadmap or not?
Community Manager

@Cygnus this idea was just pitched in a company-wide meeting yesterday! So yes, this is on our radar, and the right people have received this feedback Smiley Happy

Please send update...what is the verdict?
Level 3

I really do hope it gets released soon.  The lack of this feature has driven back to using letgo.  I find it incredibly frustrating to view the same posts over and over again as 'NEW' posts.  I have reported duplicate posters repeatedly only to see no change whatsoever. These reposts impact my end-user experience because they waste my time (not to mention, it doesn't really appear to support the offerup revenue stream for bumps or promotions).  

Seeing as this was requested a very long time ago, I have zero expectation that we will see this feature come to life.