How to hide or block posts from certain sellers?

Level 4

Nope, just reported and blocked a user with a bunch of yard services ads, refreshed page, found his ad again. Reported him, shows that he is blocked. Ads can still be seen. Not sure why you cannot see ads of blocked people. Not working for me.

Community Helper
I don't know either. I am just reporting my experience with blocking people. You are telling me that I am wrong in my experience.
Level 9
I still see blocked users. Pretty sure they still see ours and can send messages, we just dont receive the messages. Its a flawed system, imo.
Community Helper
I dont see my blocked people at all. If they can still message you (as in after they are blocked and I have recieved messages from blocked users), it is a security issue that Offerup should be looking into.
Level 4

No mam, I'm not saying you are wrong, but in my experience and apparently others, we can still see blocked users ads. This has been the topic for over a year, if we could block someone and not have to see their ads clogging up the feed, that would be great. If it is working for you, thats awsome. You should not get messages from blocked users though, that is most of the reason for blocking someone, to keep from getting harassed  or otherwise. Offer up needs to look into that, you shouldn't get messages from blocked users.

Community Helper
I know I shouldn't be receiving messages. You made it sound like I was wrong in my experience. I have always experienced being able to block a user and not see their profile anymore. I dont know how I am able to do this. Apparently I am not supposed to not see their profile. I am supposed to see their profile because everytime I go to unblock them via customer service they give me the same spiel about going to their profile and doing it there.
Highlighted
Level 4

So if you block someone, you do not see their things for sale any more? There is a guy that keeps posting 20 or 30 times a day wanting to buy cell phones, I haven't tried to block him, he usualy gets removed in a day or two, but comes back again. I will try it with him the next time he posts. I think the only way I could unblock someone like the one I blocked this morning is to find one of their sale ads, then click on their name and then report, it asked me if I wanted to unblock them there. I could not find anywhere in my account or profile to unblock people that I have blocked.

Community Helper
I cannot see anything that a person that I blocked posts if I dont have an item that they posted saved in a 'favorite' board, which I typically don't do. Other than that, I just cant. If i have blockers remorse and I dont have anything of theirs saved to a board, I have to go through customer support. They always give me the run around when I try to unblock someone.

Because he is wrong. No matter how many spamming scumbags i blcok, my page is still completely flooded with their hundreds of  garbage ads. I am done with this site, it is unusable as it is now. 

Amazing isn't it, that this site refuses to do anything to stop the trash. One seller here in LA has at least 5 accounts, posts at least 10 times a day per account, every single item fake prices. I have reported them hundreds of times yet nothing gets done.