How to stop seeing someone's ads?

Level 2

There is a seller here in Los Angeles selling auto wheels and tires that has at least 5 separate profiles and posts about once every 15 minutes. Every single ad has multiple keywords and fake prices, every price being different so I can't use the price filter to filter them out. Between the 4 or 5 profiles there are over 6 thousand ads, 6 thousand, all with obvious fake prices. I have reported each accont numerous times yet every few minutes there's a new ad. What can i do to not see this other than stop using the app?

13 REPLIES 13

@caleb75 

When you report a user from the profile, at the the end of the process, there is an option to block the user and all of the user's ads will no longer appear on your feed. If you block all of the person's 5 accts, you will no longer see the ads.

Level 2

I have tried that and it does not work.

@caleb75  It works...the problem is that the spammers alter  their new accounts just slightly.  He probably has more than 5 accounts.  If you are searching from an internet broswer, you have to be logged into your account for the the blocking feature to be enacted.

Community Helper
@factsdontcare a lot of the time blocking wont disable you from seeing that persons ads. Some like me wont see the blocked persons ads anymore or their profile.

@aidenholley wrote:
@factsdontcarea lot of the time blocking wont disable you from seeing that persons ads. Some like me wont see the blocked persons ads anymore or their profile.

That is some "charlie foxtrot"....only recently has the blocking feaure worked the way it was intended(at least for me...all the blocked profiles' ads are blocked), so I thought it was finally properly implemented, but guess not.

Community Helper
I thought it was fully implemented as well since I started Offerup in 2017. Apparently it's not. I cant see anyone's profile that I blocked for the most part.
Highlighted
Level 2

So really, is that it, we are just forced to see full pages of this one seller's fake ads, and reporting has no effect? Pretty lame. 

Level 2

Hello, staff, helpers, someone? please do something.

Level 4
Thank u. Hope someone can fix this. If not it will just be craigs list in no time