I am unable to post a new sealed 4K firestick that was purchased from Amazon?

Level 4

Last time I had one to sell and tried to list it, the same thing happened.

Today I try again and it disappears. Before I had asked OfferUp on Facebook and they say because it is not permitted on OfferUp. I don't understand.when it is not jailbroken. You can't jailbreak it if it is not opened. If it were jailbroken, I'd also sell it for more money.

Mine is not allowed but yet there are tons of jailbroken firesticks for sale on OfferUP. Mine is not and should be allowed. I don't understand. Thanks.

See below link of all the jailbroken firesticks: But yet I can't list mine that is NOT jailbroken because it is not allowed? Do I need to jailbreak it. Is that why it's is not allowed?

12 REPLIES 12
I'm no authori-Tah on this, but I would look Into the wording of the ad possibly? I know once upon a time I posted a wireless camera that was tiny (think 3 starburst atop eachother) and the ad was rejected because I called it a spy camera. Once I figured it out, since I got no explanation for why, I was able to list it. Hope that may help
Level 4

@Quantum_Enabled wrote:
I'm no authori-Tah on this, but I would look Into the wording of the ad possibly? I know once upon a time I posted a wireless camera that was tiny (think 3 starburst atop eachother) and the ad was rejected because I called it a spy camera. Once I figured it out, since I got no explanation for why, I was able to list it. Hope that may help

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it! Only word that could get listing rejected is maybe 4K?

Level 4

Can a mod or someone explain why I can't list a firestick on OfferUp? thanks.

Community Manager

Historically, we've removed Firesticks as the majority of them were coming modded, or with other software preloaded onto them. Back when I worked through user and item reports, just about all Firestick posts were removed for this reason, or because the item description included irrelevant keywords. 

"Firesticks and similar devices that provide non-paid but premium services are not allowed on OfferUp. Additionally, the services provided by modded devices may contain illegal access to pirated materials (also not permitted)."

Level 4

@Mj_206 wrote:

Historically, we've removed Firesticks as the majority of them were coming modded, or with other software preloaded onto them. Back when I worked through user and item reports, just about all Firestick posts were removed for this reason, or because the item description included irrelevant keywords. 

"Firesticks and similar devices that provide non-paid but premium services are not allowed on OfferUp. Additionally, the services provided by modded devices may contain illegal access to pirated materials (also not permitted)."

Thanks. Mine isn't modded at all. It's brand new in sealed box. I'm selling it for under what Amazon sells it for. If I modded it, I would sell it for a heck of a lot more. If you google firesticks, you will see that tons are allowed that are modded but mine isn't yet I'm not allowed to list it. I mean it's not that big of a deal since I can list it other places but didn't understand the reason why y'all removed mine when it is not modded. No words in my listing would trigger anything. I basically said I have a Amazon 4K Firestick for such and such amount of money and it's new/sealed and that's about it.

What also didn't make sense if if OfferUp doesn't allow Firesticks, why are so many listed. Why aren't they removed also. If you do a search for them, there are so so many. So that just doesn't make sense. Why pick on just a few that are totally innocent.

Community Helper
@Diddlydoo OfferUp will eventually remove those items that are violating OfferUp guidelines. You’re item was probably removed from some other member reporting it right away. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 4

lol. I swear I write comments and hit the "i'm not a robot" and then click on 'post' and my post will disappear. I wrote a response but don't know where it went. Thanks for your response..

Level 4

I went thru the app and reported about 1000. Did that while watching Clemson football. Hopefully those all will be removed also.

Level 1
One hell of a game, huh??? Lol. I'm originally from Greenville, SC so we were all watching & screaming here too. So happy for Clemson!!! Go Tigers!!!