I need help with buyer protection claim!!

SOLVED
Highlighted

I paid for an iphone 8 plus red from a truyou seller and what i have received in mail is an empty envelope with literelly nothing in it. My Offerup app does not let me file a buyer protection claim, I need help. Do i have to wait another day becuase I received the empty envelope today? Should i take pictures? This is my first and last time using the shipping method. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I have filed a mail fraud comlaint with USPS and I have been finally able to file a buyer protection claim. I filed a claim with my bank as well, I hope that OfferUp keeps files of the messages between Sellers and Buyers because this guy literally replied "good" to me telling him he scammed me and stole my money. So far OfferUp hasnt responded jack.

I really hope this gets resolved, the seller is now asking where i live and who i live with 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
What is the weight on the package label? Was it literally empty? Usps has a minimum weight of 3oz or so for first class. You also want to contact you LOCAL postal inspector. At some point along the way, this may have been weighed. Thus proving your case. File a fraud claim at post office as well.

Also, def not accusing you. But this a common scam from BUYERS. If this is not the case and the package did have contents, the seller will likely also file a theft investigation. Please be aware, usps does not take this lightly. One of the few things they are actually VERY GOOD AT. An investigation will start and postal inspectors also arrive unannounced at your door once they have investigated. Could be good for you if you were scammed, not so if someone else in your house removed the contents without your knowledge. Just a heads up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Michaelhernande 

Goto offerup.com (the website), copy/paste the below link, select "shipping" and there is an option to file a buyer protection claim.

https://offerup.com/support/new

Thanks for responding, wasnt really expecting any answers. I have already tried doing that today and it does not let me put in a request. The "item" has been delivered and the usps website has it as delivered since an hour ago, should I try again tomorrow?

@Michaelhernande  

Your open window to file a claim is limited, so make contact with customer support and indicate that you are not able to file a claim.

You can also opt to inquire on OfferUp's Twitter acct, so that you have a time-line record of making the attempt of not being able ot submit the claim.

Level 9
What is the weight on the package label? Was it literally empty? Usps has a minimum weight of 3oz or so for first class. You also want to contact you LOCAL postal inspector. At some point along the way, this may have been weighed. Thus proving your case. File a fraud claim at post office as well.

Also, def not accusing you. But this a common scam from BUYERS. If this is not the case and the package did have contents, the seller will likely also file a theft investigation. Please be aware, usps does not take this lightly. One of the few things they are actually VERY GOOD AT. An investigation will start and postal inspectors also arrive unannounced at your door once they have investigated. Could be good for you if you were scammed, not so if someone else in your house removed the contents without your knowledge. Just a heads up.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the advice, I was finally able to put in a claim, hopefully I can get this sorted out soon !

Level 4
All the answers will be in that weight information. every shipping company weighs a package before shipping. If it didn’t have the weight of an iPhone, it wasn’t an iPhone shipped
Level 1
I have a buyer claiming he didn't get his package and somehow it got canceled after I sent it and I used the label offer up sent me so it's all recorded so what are my options I tried contacting offer up but can't figure out how
Level 4
It’s really a risky business shipping items on here. Offer up will not help you out. They do not refund any lost money at any time. Try out mercari it’s a better selling app then offer up
Level 1

I figure they must have ruled in your favor if the seller was foolish enough to acknowledge he ripped you off in your communications with him / her ... did you get your money back?