I need help with truyou.

Level 3
My account is requiring me to verify truyou to even message people now and I need to get in contact with a seller I made a deal with in order to get information about a phone that I bought so I can activate it. I sent in my I'd yesterday at 7pmish and haven't gotten anything back. I can't even schedule a refund with this person because I can't talk to them because truyou blocks my messages.
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Level 9
@Wendell_

TruYou is not mandatory — although people are getting hit with this error.

Hopefully an admin addresses this issue soon.

@Mj_206 and @Elin are the most active.

Try and clear your app cache / data and logging back in in the meantime, see if that works.

What does the error say exactly?

Could the other person have blocked you?

Are you able to message other people?
Level 3
Hey, I deleted my app cache and date and still nothing. It's just telling me that I need truyou to continue. "Join truyou to continue." "Truyou helps people trust each other." "To send messages and make offers, join truyou."
Level 3
It shows up with that prompt every time I try to message anybody from past transactions and deals or even new posts on the marketplace.
Level 9
Do you do well on OfferUp?

Five stars / positive transactions?

I'm trying to figure out if it's happening to a select few.

As I said, it's been optional so it's most likely a server error of some sort... hopefully they're not changing it to mandatory.

As of this moment you can wait until an admin responds or pm the OfferUp Twitter for a slightly faster response.
Level 3
All of my feedback has been positive. I have 4.5 stars on my 3 reviews. I posted a wanted ad for used iPhones since that's what I deal in that got taken down yesterday because I was unaware of their policy on that and haven't put another one up since.

But all of my transactions have been good and if any of my customers had problems getting their phones activated or any similar problems I've offered support to the best of my ability and offered full refunds if we couldn't work it out. I only sell clean imei, clean esn, excellent condition phones and have run my little side hustle like a legitimate business.
Level 3
As far as doing well, comparable to the time I've spent using the app, I'd say so.
OfferUp employee

@goblin @Wendell_ It's happening to those that are selling high-risk items. Phones are one of those. Is there a reason you don't want to be a TruYou member?

Neighbor
I want to be
Level 9

@Elin @Wendell_

Elin..was that a joke/rhetorical question for Wendell?

If his side hustle was REALLY 100% legitimate, he would NOT have stated..."if any of my customers had problems getting their phones activated or any similar problems I've offered support to the best of my ability and offered full refunds if we couldn't work it out."....If the phones ARE 100% copacetic, there would be NO problems whatsoever during the activation process.