I think my account was hacked.

You guys need to fix this app asap i changed my password multiple times and the hacker is still on my account i even deactivated my account and my profile is still up. And please add a feature where you can permanently delete posts my only option shouldnt just be “archive” smh!! 

Tags (1)
Community Helper
@Help_me Please reach out to our Customers Care team through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you or from the link below. So Customer Care can look into your account and help resolve this issue. Using profanity in posts will lead to posts being edited to “bleep” and possibly posts being removed from threads. Please review our guidelines below this will help you moving forward.

Online Community/Forums:

Community Guidelines: https://community.offerup.com/t5/Welcome/Community-Guidelines/m-p/47#M5
Highlighted
Level 9
A delete option would just allow people to repost everyday and not be flagged, so you'll see more of the same items.

As suggested by Hotrod you need to reach out to support so they can end all sessions first to log everyone out before you change your pass.
Community Helper
@Ceandra just tagging you into this thread for more information please review Mj_206 Community manager post on page one of this thread topic.
I have been dealing with this today. I have changed my password, deactivated my account (3 times), and contacted customer service. I have been getting the login emails notifying me that an odd location has logged in.

I guess I’m most curious - is this a weakness in OfferUp hacking or does someone have My actual password and email combination on file now?
Neighbor
Have you heard anything or has this been resolved for you? This happened to me last night, I’ve contacted support twice. After I archived all the ads so I would stop getting messages, I changed my password, was hacked a second time and had my cover photo changed to an **bleep** photo, my personal cell number posted and was texted threateningly that I was costing someone money by marking the item sold.
Level 1
This has happened to me 3 times now, last week being the most recent. I use this app a lot and for the most part things work pretty good. Ive been a member since 2015 and in that time I've up until recently never worried about being hacked on here. But now that our credit card information is being kept on here it's very concerning to me. I'm thinking of canceling my membership honestly. Having my account hacked once was a big red flag, but 3 times is unacceptable!! If this is happening to other people as much as I'm hearing about, some serious changes are going to have to happen and quick! Maybe look to apps like PayPal and how their security works. I would hate to lose such a great app but if people start getting ripped off due to poor security I'm afraid we will. Pretty scary!!!
Community Manager

Hey @ColonelAngus  - I'm curious about how this has happened so many times. Are you clicking links in messages then logging in? The only way an account is compromised or hacked is if a hacker sends a phishing link that is then logged into. 

Level 1

The only way this can happen? Are you serious? No I havent done any of those things. You tell me how it happens? I open offerup and someone has posted something for sale on my account. The last one was a Land Rover for 1500 bucks. As soon as I would try to remove the item it would pop right back up again. The only option available is to mark the item sold and that is a pain. And today I have just been blocked from communicating with sellers for reasons I cant figure out. All of a sudden I get an error code R37KPRMM. No clue what that is but I havent done anything wrong. I have been looking for a work truck and have been offering a car I have as trade for a few trucks I have found on here. I have done a lot of business on here. I think Ive done my last today.