I wouldn’t recommend shipping

Level 9
I only put the last 4 and now asking me to send a valid ID. That’s a big NO. That’s so much. I sold my shoes that never used and tag still attached. I paid for $99 then I sold in OfferUp for $60.
Neighbor
I have the same problem. What number do I have to call?
based on this answer i’m cancelling my recent sale and not shipping ever...first sale i was fine second as well but those were pick ups...first shipped sale and you want my ssn and another addy...nope
wow...what about the consumer’s concern, mr. links not allowed
Level 1
I'm with you!! I shipped my first item just now. Hesitated to give bank info. Thought I'd have some kind of credit on here. Then later if I choose I could take Mooney by giving bank info. Anyway, gave info mailed item, THEN they say they need my ss# for me to get paid !!
NO WAY !! IT'S NOT NEEDED, so WHY DO THEY WANT IT!!?? YOU have to think. There's something shady behind that.

WE should stand TOGETHER & STOP ALL shipping till they take that off. I won't do it again & I'll tell everyone who will listen to stay away from shipping.
Level 1
who is STRIFE & If u mean what u say, give us contact info. Because I just shipped something & After I shipped it 5 DAYS from sale (mind you) they tell me they need my ss#. I can be verified by what I gave u. I've been with that bank for many many YRS . WHAT' are u doing with all the money from shipping sales from ppl who won't give that info .. u don't even offer credit !! SMH .. YOU R RESPONSIBLE.. THIS IS YOUR SITE ..Keeping peoples money is just WRONG!!!

@looking4info wrote:
I'm with you!! I shipped my first item just now. Hesitated to give bank info. Thought I'd have some kind of credit on here. Then later if I choose I could take Mooney by giving bank info. Anyway, gave info mailed item, THEN they say they need my ss# for me to get paid !!
NO WAY !! IT'S NOT NEEDED, so WHY DO THEY WANT IT!!?? YOU have to think. There's something shady behind that.

WE should stand TOGETHER & STOP ALL shipping till they take that off. I won't do it again & I'll tell everyone who will listen to stay away from shipping.

@looking4info 

It's no different than signing up for Turo (performs a insurance credit check via TransUnion) , Google Pay, and other payment processors. BTW, If you have a Paypal account, they already have your SS# on file (even without you knowing about it).

FYI, banking laws got strict after 9/11 with the Patriot Act, which implemented the Bank Secrecy Act, Cusomter Identification Program, etc.

@looking4info wrote:
who is STRIFE 

@looking4info  

The name of the payment processor is Stripe. I like Stripe because they have a great set API tools that even a novice can easily integrate it into an online store, app,etc.

Shopify, Carousell, Lyft, Postmates, DoorDash, and a bunch of other apps use Stripe.

I have same bank account name with OfferUp account but they still keep asking for my ssn, this is ridiculous asking for a full ssn