IWE NEED TO GET SOME KIND OF ALERT FOR NO SHOWS OR LOW BALLERS

SOLVED
I wrote this and posted in wrong place on here lmao IM SICK OF PEOPLE WANTED ONE OR MORE OF YOUR ITEMS AND THE DAYTO BUY JUST DO NOT RESPOND TO YOU AT ALL SMH THAT HAS TO BE AWAY TO LET US KNOW OF THESE PEOPLE SO WE CAN STEER CLEAR NOW AND WEED THEM OUT SERIOSLY IM SO FRUSTRATED AND A NO SHOW ALERT OR TROLL ALERT WILL DO JUST FINE BY ME OH YES AND THE LOW BALLER ALLERT MAYBE WE COMMUNITY FRIENDS SHOULD DO A PRIVATE ALERT SO WE ALL CAN KNOW??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Does anyone have any ideas to alert each other of our NEEDS TO BE KNOWN NO SHOWS AND MAYBE A TROLL ALERT FOR THOSE LOW BALLERS??
12 REPLIES 12
Does anyone have any ideas to alert each other of our NEEDS TO BE KNOWN NO SHOWS AND MAYBE A TROLL ALERT FOR THOSE LOW BALLERS??
Level 1
The buyer contact me at 9:30pm wanted to come over and pick up the item. I said I don’t meet this late if you like we can meet up in the am between 10:00-11:00. He accepted but with a condition, that we meet in McDonald’s, ok weird but whatever. I sent a message at 8:30 this morning to confirm the appointment at 10am as agreed. He replied, saying, “yes cool be their on the dot.” Ok I’m leaving my house of cause at 9:40 since the meet up location is 10 minutes away when I get there I texted that I was there. He responded, “cool almost there.” Waited until 10:10 texted him if he was almost there, he never responded. At 10:15 texted him that I was leaving, again the response. I get home and at 10:52 he texted me, “ I don’t want the item anymore and I don’t see why you feel I need to notify you.” My reply was, “wow, you could’ve save me some gas.” After that, had to block and report. He just went off calling me all types of names. So crazy how reporting doesn’t make a difference. They can start with fake info all over again.
Community Manager

Hi there @India2  - CUTE dog!!!!

I took a look at your reports, and good news! That user has been removed from the platform. As their phone and account are now blocked, they won't be able to use OfferUp again unless they get a brand new phone and number.

Level 1
Thank you so much for contacting me. I’m so glad to hear you guys solve the issue so fast.
Level 3
What ever happened to my no show
Who didn’t show after I drove 30 minutes and 2 min before he didn’t show he said he wasn’t coming ? I have sent several emails and just got generic replies.
His account should be suspended .
Highlighted
Community Helper
Unfortunately, there's really not much Offerup can do for people like that. I know you said you did, but always verify before you leave that the meeting is still happening. Also pick somewhere close to home if you can.
Level 1
Completely Agree
Very true with wasting gas because I had that happen one too many times PEOPLE are just ignorant!!
I also had a horrible experience. With buying two bowholders from out if state This women called Hapersmom 1212 I believe asked me for my phone number to text me some ideas COME to find out she scammed my visa card out of 30 dollars PRETENDED she didn't do it then asked me for another full payment!! I was stupid giving her my number She and her boyfriend harassed me til 430 in the morning I NEVER AGREED TO ANYTHING. But since she wiped out my card the least she could do was ship the bowholders OFFERUP can't assist me because she scammed me to do everything out of offer up ILL TELLL YOU ILL NEVER BUY OUT OF STATE. Again and can you believe the wack job blocked me??? Some people are crooks!!