Ideas on how Offer Up can minimize flakes?

Level 9
Maybe there should be a stat next to someone’s rating on how often a person follow through on transactions, I like how we now see how quickly someone responds to messages so kudos to OfferUp for do that, so maybe something along that line for trustworthiness
OfferUp employee

@Mark4 I like that idea! Definitely something I'll let the team know is wanted. 

Community Helper

Hey @Noelc1133, I'm seeking you out so you can tell us about what your experience has been since this post. I want to welcome you back to the Community Forums to share your ideas and opinions.

Have things improved, worsened or stayed static in respect to the flakes and no shows?

Level 1
I am a buyer and I totally agree. I have had at least 3 buyers who respond immediately to say the item is for sale, then wait long gaps of time 3 to 8 hours to respond back. They initiate a 2nd response, you respond promptly to get no response. several hours later item is listed as sold.
This happened yesterday on a listing for 2 American girl dolls recently posted.

Me Are these still for sale?
Seller Yes (immediate response to me)
When would you be available? I would like to purchase both.
seller:
No response from 1PM until 0800 the next morning.
Do you want the address?
I respond immediately yes
seller.. no response back.., 8 PM that night both dolls pop up sold.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 4
I get the message “ if it still for sale” and I reply immediately “ hi yes it is”. Then I don’t hear back. As per no shows, I only meet the buyer at the bank behind my house and stay home until they tell me they are there. Never drive to a buyer. Never.
Level 3
I sell stuff for my business on offer up, and if someone sets up a specific time, confirms they are on the way, and THEN flake? Guess what im gonna send them on a wild goose chase if they are selling anything. Its NOT ok to waste peoples time.