Is anyone else getting charged $1.99 instead of 9.9% for shipping

Level 4
I’m getting charge a service fee of $1.99 instead of 9.9% for shipping ...It doesn’t matter if my item is 6, 8 or 17 dollars offer up is charging me a fee of 1.99 instead of 9.9% ....what’s going on ? Is it happening to anyone else ?
11 REPLIES 11
Level 1
Yes! Do you get any answer?
There is no way I am paying $1.99 for selling a $3.00 item! That is ridiculous
Level 4
No answer! I sent a email to customer service but no reply...someone was trying to purchase a 6 dollar item from and they were charging me 1.99 for service fee that means I would of only gotten 4 dollars for myself!!! I don’t mind paying 1.99 but only if the item I’m selling is 20 dollars and up ....hopefully someone could solve this
Level 1
Just had this problem yesterday and today. I did notice that the service is a 9.9% fee depend what you sell, for me I was selling a $3 item Offer up service charge a $1.99 fee and the total amount was $1.01. For one item!!! Like WTF!!! I’ve also notice they where charging there shipping cost from $3 to $5 for a 5oz shipping too. This is crazy. If they don’t fix this system I’m going to have to put up my prices up.
Level 4
Yes they need to fix the issue or I will no longer be shipping
Level 1
Yes! When did they make this change. When did they notify us they were changing from 9.9% to a minimum of $1.99. I agree it's ridiculous and this should be amended. Items under $20 should not cost the seller $1.99. Again.....when and how was this change told to the users.
Level 4
I tried to read about the change but offer up has nothing that says that...it still says fee of 9.9% when you put the items on shipping...only after someone puts in a offer it shows you the service fee amount of 1.99
L11
Level 9
@Yo_ana
If you go to Community Blogs and read about Shipping you will see the information about the Seller paying a service fee of $1.99 once the shipped item sells. This happens even if the Buyer pays for the shipping! @L11
L11
Level 9
@Yo_ana
Did this 1.99 service fee happen to you recently? I know I read about it but got to thinking about how old that post was....@L11
Level 4
@L11
Yes it has happened to me recently it’s not worth shipping less than $20 dollars anymore