Is there a way to go back to the hidden messages to find a customer?

SOLVED
Level 5
I sold an item last year to a customer that wanted me to notify him when I find something similar to this. I just looked back at hidden messages and archived items but cannot find him. I've sold many items since and now message is burried. I should've taken phone number but I'd rather use this app instead. How can I repopulate older messages?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
That's funny because i can unarchive my items and see every single message that I was sent on that item. That's the only way that you can truly get a message back. If you sold to him, the message would I assume be at the top because that is the newest message on that item.
10 REPLIES 10
Community Helper
Find the item that you sold in the archived items and unarchive it. You should be able to find his messages then.
Level 3
Thank you, yes I did check archived and did not find it there either. Is there another way? Unless I overlooked, there's so many items archived.
Level 5
Something weird just happened, the system changed my name lol. I was Otis1 but it prompted me to put a password so I used my name..
Community Helper
So you didnt find the item that you sold to him in your archived? The message would be attached to the item that he messaged and you sold to him.
Level 5
No I actually checked that first since I think ot only holds 10 or so messages.
Community Helper
That's funny because i can unarchive my items and see every single message that I was sent on that item. That's the only way that you can truly get a message back. If you sold to him, the message would I assume be at the top because that is the newest message on that item.
Level 3
I have more than 100 items to sift through in archive that's why delete would be awesome! I know the messages can hold 10 or so at a time and can't find through that. Somehow of all items that were archived that sold piece is missing. Wish there were archived for sold items and archived for (delete items)
Level 3
Sorry, looks like your talking to 2 people but It's only one. I need to fix this glitch lol.
Highlighted
Level 5
I found the item, now I tried to unarchive and the item diaspeared. I have more than 400 listings and trying to find is a nightmare now. Where did it go? Wish there were alphabetical order or search tool to find items listed perhaps..