Item lost according to my buyer

Level 1
I recently bought an item from someone. It was supposed to come few days ago and it never showed up. According to the buyer he states that USPS lost it (or he probably didn't send it at all). I'm wondering if I should wait or get a refund?
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Helper
Are you the buyer or seller? I'm a bit confused.
Community Helper
@CrushPic--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! You should trust your judgement. When did the person state they mailed the item? Is there proof of the transaction?

Perhaps you should reach out to customer support:

https://offerup.com/support/new
Level 1
I'm the buyer. I bought an item
Level 1
He said he sent it Saturday (last week).
Community Helper
Did you pay for it though Offerup? Is there a transaction number with Offerup? If so, there is a link that @Hi-there provided for customer support above that you can contact if shipping is saying that they lost it. If it doesnt look like it's anywhere near you when you go to track it, contact support.
Level 1
Nah I sent it through PayPal, but I have that transaction on my PayPal still
Community Helper
Then Offerup cannot help you get your money back. You went off app to pay for the item. I would dispute it via PayPal or your card issuer.
Community Helper
@aidenholley--Thank you so much for the follow through. It's unfortunate when people go outside of the app & something negative takes place, because then OfferUp customer support wouldn't be able to assist them. Thanks so much for your time and help!!
Level 1
Can I report the item or give the person a negative review?