Items sold not updated!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Neighbor
So many items listed have been sold. Can't offer up just delete after an amount of time goes by unless seller renews post.?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 3

Hello @TimandPenny

I believe that OfferUp has recently begun to clean up old posts based on no messaging during an X amount of time. I had an older account when I had first started using the app attached to my outlook email. Received this email after 6months of inactivity. Maybe they will reduce the time period in the future but it appears that have begun to proactively delete items on dormant accounts. Not sure if they can proactively do anything about active accounts that haven't marked an item as sold. Hope that helps!

Hello Michael Robert,  

It looks like you haven’t been on OfferUp for a while, and still had some items posted for sale. To make sure you aren’t getting unwanted contacts about these items, we’ve archived them for you.

• Headboard w full size frame
  • Patriotic 6 Drawer Fully Functional Chic Shabby Desk
  • Matching Durable High Quality Glass Living Room Tables
  • New Office Desk

If we made a mistake, we’re sorry! You can easily unarchive and relist these items any time. If you’re not sure how, please see ourHelp Center.

You’re in important part of our community, and we’d love to hear from you about your experiences with OfferUp.

We look forward to seeing you buying and selling again soon!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
Are you talking about the sellers not marking the items as sold or seeing sold items that are marked as sold? Offerup takes the items that are marked sold off after 24 hours have passed. They can't do anything about the sellers not marking the items sold.
Level 3

Hello @TimandPenny

I believe that OfferUp has recently begun to clean up old posts based on no messaging during an X amount of time. I had an older account when I had first started using the app attached to my outlook email. Received this email after 6months of inactivity. Maybe they will reduce the time period in the future but it appears that have begun to proactively delete items on dormant accounts. Not sure if they can proactively do anything about active accounts that haven't marked an item as sold. Hope that helps!

Hello Michael Robert,  

It looks like you haven’t been on OfferUp for a while, and still had some items posted for sale. To make sure you aren’t getting unwanted contacts about these items, we’ve archived them for you.

• Headboard w full size frame
  • Patriotic 6 Drawer Fully Functional Chic Shabby Desk
  • Matching Durable High Quality Glass Living Room Tables
  • New Office Desk

If we made a mistake, we’re sorry! You can easily unarchive and relist these items any time. If you’re not sure how, please see ourHelp Center.

You’re in important part of our community, and we’d love to hear from you about your experiences with OfferUp.

We look forward to seeing you buying and selling again soon!

Community Helper
@TimandPenny Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

TimandPenny I totally understand your frustration, I’ll be glad to add your concerns to my feedback list and pass it on next time I’m giving my feedback on new features I’m testing. Thanks for sharing. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Neighbor
Please. I continue to get excited about an item only to see it was posted a year ago and seller did not remove or does not respond. Its irresponsible of the app as well. Seeing these items keeps a false hope and engagement in the app. Bait...