Its been 6 days....

Its been 6 days seller still hasn't shipped and i just got a notification that the payment was authorised? How do i cancel this. Please it ruined my brothers birthday and took 77 bucks from me
1 REPLY 1
Community Helper
@Ihatescammers let me be one of the first to Welcome you to the OfferUp Community forum,

Ihatescammers here’s information for you below, I’ll also add a link to customer care below as well so you have it in hand., 😎🇬🇧🔚

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/

Paying for shipped items
Pay safely through the app to get items shipped to you. You’ll never have to give out your email address, phone number, or payment info to a seller, so the transaction stays private. Here’s how it works.

How to pay

To start buying from people around the country, add a credit or debit card to your account. This will become your payment method. You’ll also get the “Verified for payments” badge added to your profile. Set up a payment account

Screenshot of badges on a profile page, including Verified for payments, Confirmed phone, Confirmed email, and 100% reply rate.

When a seller accepts your offer for a shipped item, the payment will be held on your card. When you receive the item, you’ll have 3 days to evaluate it. If you haven’t made any buyer protection claims in those 3 days, your payment will be finalized, and the money will be transferred to the seller. How buyer protection works

Payment and refund questions

If you have a problem with an item that’s been shipped to you, see Buyer protection. If something doesn’t get shipped, the transaction should automatically cancel after sufficient time has passed, usually 6 days after your offer was accepted. Note that if a shipment is canceled or you’re entitled to a refund for another reason, it may take 3-5 business days to process returning your payment.

You may see a temporary $1 hold on your account when you first add your payment method, and when you make an offer. This will not be charged to you and will not require a refund.

Buyer protection on OfferUp
Last updated August 8, 2018

How buyer protection works

When an item is paid for and shipped through OfferUp, the buyer may be protected if certain problems occur. Buyer protection covers up to $500 for eligible issues, as described in this document.

Buying with OfferUp payments

What is covered

The following issues are covered when bought and shipped through OfferUp’s program:

Seller fails to ship the item
There was undisclosed damage to the item
An item is incorrect or missing
The item received is not as described
If the item isn’t shipped within 6 days of payment, the buyer's payment may be canceled. Their funds will be returned to the account or card originally used. It may take 3-5 business days for the funds to return to the buyer’s account or card.

The buyer's payment is held until the transaction is complete. The transaction is considered complete if no buyer protection claim is made within a 3-day period after item delivery. At that point, the payment is released to the seller.

Once the payment has been released to the seller, all sales are final and no refunds will be issued.

What isn't covered

An item doesn't fit or the buyer doesn't like it
An item is prohibited by OfferUp
The purchase was made in cash
The purchase was conducted through payment or shipping systems outside of OfferUp
How to use buyer protection

Within 3 days of receiving the item, use the Contact Us button at the bottom of this article.
Select Submit a buyer protection claim in the form and enter your reason for using buyer protection. We’ll also need your transaction ID to find details about your purchase. You can find it on your receipt. Open it from your messages about the item, or:
Tap Account icon Account
Tap Payments and receipts, then Transactions
Select the receipt for the item you have questions about
Scroll to Payment info for the transaction ID
OfferUp will review the request and take corresponding action. OfferUp reserves the right to deny requests.
On approval, OfferUp will provide return instructions, and the buyer will handle the item accordingly.
OfferUp will issue a refund up to $500 in the original form of payment.