Its not lowballing its called offer up..

SOLVED
Level 6

@Mj_206  ...Just out of curiosity, how is "an offer that is excessively low" complaint processed once a report from a seller is received by OfferUP?

What is the source of the statistical data to determine the "low ballness" and/or percentage variance from the seller's posted price?

Level 5
@lady33. I agree with you. It is a business, however, we are humans have feelings and reactions unfortunately, they hit a nerve because the things we are is not THEIRS. **HAVE SOME RESPECT YOU "BUYERS"**.
Level 5
@lady33. I agree with you. It is a business, however, we are humans have feelings and reactions, unfortunately, they hit a nerve because the things we are is not THEIRS. **HAVE SOME RESPECT YOU "BUYERS"**.
Community Manager

@Lapua When I say "an offer that is excessively low" I'm speaking to offers people make to intentionally anger the seller. When users are reported, the report is reviewed by Customer Care, and depending on the report history against the other user, they will take appropriate actions. I'm sure you've heard this before, but the actions that we take as staff may not be visible to community members.

I have worked thousands of these types of reports in my day and can assure you that I have removed users for this reason - especially if the lowball reports are accompanied by other behavioral reports.

Level 6

@Mj_206...I have no interest in the outcome. I just wanted to know if there was an objective proprietary database comparison of some sort, but the process is all subjective, as I have presumed. However, I do appreciate your answer.

Level 6
Yeah you're right, sometimes they even state how much they paid for the item. "Paid 600 for this iPad like new, looking for 580 obo no lowballing' It's irrelevant, just don't be surprised when it doesn't sell.

@nyt

You can go to the forum on a PC or request desktop mode on phone if available that may work.
Level 5
@Lapua new name for you😁is...Pepe Le Pew...at times I extremely enjoy reading "the low ball enablers". A sign to know who to watch out from.😁😝👿
Level 6
@Amy49

I don't understand how we're 'enabling lowballers'.

If you put a higher value on your item that's fine, I don't see how that warrants a block / report.

I've done business with people who are seemingly 'low ballers'.

I had an item for 80, they sent me "20?" Just replied with "No thanks"

They came back a day later with "36?" Replied with "Sorry no."

Again, this goes back to a previous topic of some people assuming you're desperate enough to sell.

I was alswaya willing to take 5$ off and he eventually offered 75

Guess I'm not as impulsive with the report / block feature as others.

At times they even rocket fire numbers.

"15"
"No."
"25"
"No thanks."
"37"
"Sorry, not taking anything lower than 50"
"45"
"Sorry no."
They then ignore me — it's a 50/50 shot if they come back.
If they end up buying from me I just don't rate them.
Level 5
@goblin Very good, I admire your stand. And I will follow your advice. I will keep on saying no thanks, sorry and on and on. Thank you.😁
Level 6
I'd say for you specifically, remove yourself from the conversation by not replying after two offers are made that you don't agree with.