Just got called a dick...will he get banned?

SOLVED

I wouldnt ship an item and got called a dick. I reported the person. Will he be banned or get a slap on the wrist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ok thanks. Good to know what the moral precident is for treating others in the community and that calling someone a D!(K is considered light namecalling. Thanks again for your help. I will proceed to block said user as suggested.
21 REPLIES 21
Hello? Offerup are you working today?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey there! As long as you report the user, our Customer Care team will look into their acount and behaviors. 

Yeah well it's been almost a week since I've been called a D*(k and the guys account is still active. I'm assuming that is acceptable behavior since he didnt get banned?
Community Manager

@hess_adventures Not all actions preformed by our Customer Care team are visible. I'm unable to speak on any status of account investigations.

Ok just checked and the account is still actively selling items. I guess it's acceptable to call someone a profanity without repercussions. Other than ban the guy there is nothing worthwhile that can be done behind the scenes as a punitive measure. So sad....
Community Manager

He could have received a warning, but that doesn't show to you. I don't think it would be fair to anyone to have their account, their potential livelihood, completely banned for one incident of light namecalling. Had the term been racist or grossly offensive, his account would have likely been removed. He doesn't have any other reports against him. He was warned, our teams followed the policy and procedure we have in place for this sort of incident.

I recommend blocking them. 

Ok thanks. Good to know what the moral precident is for treating others in the community and that calling someone a D!(K is considered light namecalling. Thanks again for your help. I will proceed to block said user as suggested.
Had similar problem with buyer as far as them feeling the need to impose calling me a liar”... no matter what name : nobody should have to put up with strangers feeling safe and protected behind a screen to act this way when if in person nothing would be said :: I in fact reported the jerk that felt the need to act this way if for nothing else but to bring it to the attention of the offer up staff. Hopefully they will remind this buyer to conduct himself in a respectful manner
Roddy1013
The Bronx
Bro—- MOVE ON!!!... this is really childish and coming from a guy who is in the same boat- don’t let this consume you huh??🤣🤣🤣🤣😚💨💨💨💨.. smoke a J... and walk away ..👌🏼