Just started shipping, great success - My orders and views increased greatly!

Level 7
A customer had asked if I could ship, my first reply was I'm sorry it's cash and carry only, she mentioned "But I live in CA and I want to bundle many items" I told her I would look into it and decided to go ahead and bundle the items for her collection. It was a success, much easier than I expected! I than started offering shipping on all items - Wow, 7 or 8 orders all in 1 week, and 2 more local sales! I've cleaned cleaned out some of my inventory to collectors and made some friends in the process. I even thanked my customer for pushing me to ship. The orders went from me here in East Coast(New England) to CA, FL mostly and I followed the tracking took only 2 - 3 days without a hitch. Customers were happy with order and placed another order. In the package I throw a coupon in for 20% off the next order of $20 or more. I'm happy for the orders I get and would like repeat business 😁 Happy selling to all of you!!
11 REPLIES 11
Community Helper
Wow! @Otis1
So happy for your success using the shipping feature. Sounds like you definitely have a system... very organized... Love the 20% off next order! Great 💡
Am for sure starting shipping very soon, gearing up for the holiday season. I'm getting started early to get in the groove, prior to the mass rush of buyers, much like yourself!
It is a great perk to meet some great people along the way, friends too!
Continued successful shipping.
Level 7
That's a great idea to plan ahead! Believe me I've made mistakes along the way - I do many different flea market, tag sales, fairs, and shows...Elephants Trunk, Brimfield and it gets overwhelming to stay organized. I learned the hard way and lost a couple sales trying to find stuff burried in a box in my garage (complete nightmare!) Or forgot I sold it already (ohh nooo!) With the items I sell online I make sure it is light weight, clear photo's, and make sure you respond to every question so there is no discrepancy about the item (so there are no returns). I have my inventory list with pricing and once I've posted that item it is in the front of garage labeled - Collectibles, Vintage Items, Antiques, Glassware, etc....If I do a show I take my list and cross off items sold than go back to offer up page and hit sold and archive. Good times, good luck with shipping!
Community Helper
Great tips @Otis1!
Surely, if you aren't a "Super Shipper" yet... I am certain you will be displaying that badge very soon!
Thanks so much!
Level 3
Thank you Remembrance!
Community Helper
@Otis1--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! It's great that you were able to try something new, follow your judgement, & make many sales!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!
Community Helper
@Mati_
👍😊
Level 3
Sorry Remembrance I have 2 names - Otis1 and Mati lol.. I've been trying to fix that lately but can't. So for now I have an evil twin haha...
Community Helper
@Mati_--Hello!! You can reach out to any Community Forums member such as @REMEMBRANCE, by placing an @ symbol in front of their name so the message reaches them directly. Thanks!!
Level 3
Thanks, will do. I tried sending email to someone else a different way but no response. So the best one to fix this is Remembrance? I will send later..