Location keeps changing

SOLVED
Level 1
For some reason my location keeps changing. I have to go every couple of days and check ALL my items to see if they have not changed cities or even States. It's very time-consuming and annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?? And how do I fix it??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hey there, @Willliet-12345!  This is an issue we've fixed in newer versions of the Android app.  Please update, and either edit or re-post your items to fix their location.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Community Helper
Hi @JulienneS welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,
Yes I’ve had other people asking the same questions in other threads,
I always recommend updating the location from the website rather than the app. click on the gear that says "Settings" from the drop-down menu. From here you can enter your new zip code in the ‘location’ box,

You can also change you setting from the OfferUp app on your IPhone -> tap on settings scroll down -> tap on the OfferUp app -> tap on location -> tap on (never) giving it this ✔️
Open your OfferUp app, edit your posts putting your zip code in, this should show your location close to your location.

One other thing if you want me or someone to respond to questions put this @ in front of their username like this @Hotrod so they get notifications from you. Hope this helps you.
Level 7

Same thing for me and now I cant post anything at all I just get an error when i try to enter my zip code, i have reported it to the devs but they keep saying that i shouild try all these other things denying its the apps fault, but then when i came to the website and clicked for it to find my location, same thing happened, it puts me in differnt cities and towns in KS when im in AZ and my browser clearly shows my locarion correctly. last time i had the site check my location it said TX now today its back to KS. when i use the app i cant even enter it manually any more i kepp getting an error no matter what i do and no matter what settings i use to find my location, I have 3 choices to use my phones or tablets- just GPS, GPS and WiFi, GPS WiFI and Webbrowser. these are all showing an error and when i turn it off completely and manually enter it i get the same error saying i should check my GPS on my phone. I browse with my phones and tablets and they all show my location on google maps exactly where i am at. its not my devices its the app and sebsites location thats not working. it looks like ill have to start using let go, oh no.

OfferUp employee

Hi @zinda, I looked to see if you've contacted our Customer Care team like I've mentioned to you multiple times so they can look into your account for you, and you haven't contacted them yet. Please do so, so they can look into this for you. 

Community Helper
@zinda
You can also change your setting from the OfferUp app on your IPhone -> tap on settings scroll down -> tap on the OfferUp app -> tap on location -> tap on (never) giving it this ✔️icon,
Open your OfferUp app, edit your posts putting your zip code in, this should show your location close to your location.

I see your saying you have your phone and tablet on OfferUp, are they on the same email account? If so I would recommend only using one device on one email account.

One other thing if you want me or someone to respond to questions put this @ in front of their username like this so they get notifications from you. Hope this helps you.
Reach out and wait 10 minutes. !!!
Then block them forever
Level 1
Yes it’s happening to me. I really want to get other states off my offerup
Highlighted
Level 1
For some reason when I browse, I see items listed in Maryland, and I live in Connecticut. I've set my location manually as well as tried using the GPS to set my location. When I look at my profile it has my right location. Just when I browse or search, I get out of state results.
Tags (1)
Level 1
Depending on what it is, maybe those items are available for shipping.

When you post an item, is the zip code correct?

When you go to search for items, do you adjust the miles, ie. 5 miles? Because I have to adjust that part every time I go to search for an item. I don't have to adjust my zip code when I post items.
Community Helper

Welcome to the Community Forums @Stack & @Meligwa.

Have you checked your phone's actual location/GPS? Be sure that is on.