Lost/Stolen Kindle - Need Refund!!

SOLVED
Level 1
I received a kindle yesterday. It was in an unopened package/box. I opened it, it turned on - everything seemed fine. I marked on OfferUp that everything seemed like it was ok and ranked the seller. A few hours later I’m unable to register it. I’m on the phone with Amazon for a couple hours, and it’s been reported lost/stolen. There’s nothing they can do, it’s been locked. I contact the seller - he had no idea.

I try to submit a buyer protection claim and it says the window is closed/or it’s pending another request. I just received it that day, so how can it be closed? I never submitted a previous request? I’m out of answers I just want a refund, obviously.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

@Random75   No one was trying to be condescending. I have a iPad. I made sure I could register it. @aidenholley  Was only trying to give you information. Even gave you the support site you need to go to. No one on here can look at your account. Sorry that this happened but you need to go to the support page @aidenholley  gave you and file for a refund and explain what happen to them. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Helper
I think its closed because you marked it as everything was fine. I could be wrong though. I would have tried registering it before I did anything on Offerup.
Level 1
. . . Thanks.
Community Helper
Hey there @Random75!
Just entered the Community and noticed your DM. Looks like @aidenholley has been of assistance. Smiley Wink
Might I also suggest... since the Seller is communicating with you and is aware of the situation--that they personally reimburse you. All you can do is ask them to reconsider the purchase, due to unforseen damage. Hopefully, they have business morals and will make it right. GLTU! Ciao´
Level 1
I have to say suggesting to register it before doing anything with OfferUp is complete hindsight. If anyone, like me, has never used a kindle before, how would you know you need to take it that far?

It turned on. I thought it was ok. The screen asks if everything looked like what I asked for. I didn’t know I would forever be waiving my ability to get a refund. That’s not on that page. I thought I was looking for cursory damage.
Community Helper
Typically people ensure that they register anything that needs to be registered before hand. I call it inspecting it thoroughly. However, you can contact support to see if they can help you. https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
I don’t know what statistics you’re referencing that says most people register their devices.

Although, I do know when someone who replies on a help site that carries the badge “Community Helper”, they typically aren’t condescending.

In my case, I’m desperate. I don’t need to hear how you would have flawlessly handled my situation. I’m actually looking for help. Not sass.
Level 9

@Random75   No one was trying to be condescending. I have a iPad. I made sure I could register it. @aidenholley  Was only trying to give you information. Even gave you the support site you need to go to. No one on here can look at your account. Sorry that this happened but you need to go to the support page @aidenholley  gave you and file for a refund and explain what happen to them. 

Level 9

@Random75  I believe @aidenholley was very helpful. You misunderstood. 

Community Helper
I'm sorry I offended you @Random75. I was just saying most people tend to make sure they can access most features on an electronic before they say they fully inspected it.