Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Level 1
Honestly I was afraid this site would include this risk because many sellers already price below market for new items. It’s not a swap meet forum but perhaps it needs an official statement saying it’s not? I lowered my original prices to clearly being a bargain to prevent lowball offers; any other suggestions? Thank you Smiley Happy
Level 1
I had this happen to me. I already agreed to a price that was about half my asking price. When I met up with the perso. was saying negative things about my item. Than he brought up how he now didnt want to pay what we agreed on and want to pay an even lower price. I turned to walk than he pulled out his money. In these types of case. I would rather smash my item into tiny pieces first before selling it to some low ball idiot
Level 1
The best is when your contacted and asked if you want to donate say a guitar to some worship team. If I wanted to give it away than I wouldn't have posted it with an asking price. To me asking for free music instruments on behalf of a religious group is not cool. They could at least make a fair offer. You cannot tell online anyway if what they are representing is true or not.
Level 1
Agreed. If someone wants a tax-deductible charitable donation of any item —and it should make reasonable sense as a donation—they should be able to provide a written request on genuine letterhead with their non-profit’s tax EIN and an authorized, verifiable signature.
Highlighted
Level 1
I honestly HATE the haggle for 3 days...then they dont show up .. you SEE that they read your request for an update..and NOTHING.

Just why? Yhere are Facebook groups to sell stories in...why bring it to this app?
Level 10! You're a 10!
@CornStar--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! I hope you have a great time interacting with other buyers and sellers, explore the different forums, & share your thoughts and insight!! Thank you for your response!!