Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Level 1
I had this happen to me. I already agreed to a price that was about half my asking price. When I met up with the perso. was saying negative things about my item. Than he brought up how he now didnt want to pay what we agreed on and want to pay an even lower price. I turned to walk than he pulled out his money. In these types of case. I would rather smash my item into tiny pieces first before selling it to some low ball idiot
Level 1
The best is when your contacted and asked if you want to donate say a guitar to some worship team. If I wanted to give it away than I wouldn't have posted it with an asking price. To me asking for free music instruments on behalf of a religious group is not cool. They could at least make a fair offer. You cannot tell online anyway if what they are representing is true or not.
Level 1
Agreed. If someone wants a tax-deductible charitable donation of any item —and it should make reasonable sense as a donation—they should be able to provide a written request on genuine letterhead with their non-profit’s tax EIN and an authorized, verifiable signature.
Highlighted
Level 1
I honestly HATE the haggle for 3 days...then they dont show up .. you SEE that they read your request for an update..and NOTHING.

Just why? Yhere are Facebook groups to sell stories in...why bring it to this app?
Community Helper
@CornStar--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! I hope you have a great time interacting with other buyers and sellers, explore the different forums, & share your thoughts and insight!! Thank you for your response!!
Level 1
That's commendable on your part but I lost faith in humanity and decency; The east coast is a festering wound full of scammers, theives, and liars. I've given my service to the nation and even aided those in need but only been backstabbed by others as well. As much as I would like to rage on towards those that offer me aubpar exchange, I simply ignore them to avoid hostility. What have we become but gradually gravitate towards the path to anarchy?
Level 1
I've had my share of flakes. One time I was the buyer. We agreed on price and meeting was in 5 minutes. While waiting at the meet up destination he kept me updated saying he was on his way. Than out of the blue he decided he didn't want to sell his item. Said he realized he wasnt ready to part with it. I gave him an earfull about courtesy and wasting time. 6 months later he texts me asking if I was still interested. Lucky for him I still was.
Level 1
I totally agree! I’ve been having to write in caps “No low ball offers” in my descriptions, but yet most people don’t even take the time to read the description, they rather ask you!
Community Helper
@KitcarO4--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! It's unfortunate that the person had a change of heart. Sometimes, when people have the opportunity to think about what they're selling, may have a change of heart. It's great that after 6 months you were still interested!! Thank you so much for your response!!
Community Helper
@LexusLady07--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! Thank you so much for your response & sharing your experience!! Sometimes people in a rush & may not take the time to read all of the details of a post; perhaps hoping, by communicating with you, that you'll be open to negotiate on the price (even if a price is marked a firm--or if the post states "no lowball offers.")--unfortunately many of us have been in the same or similar situation. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and expience!!