Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Captain
I’m starting to write right in my listings when I’m very firm on price that any lower offers will result in an automatic block - and that’s exactly what I’m doing. Not wasting my time with these people, they’re not going to be a good customer in the future so “BUH BYE!”
Captain
If your that sensitive you probably shouldn't be selling anything. Commerces is not place for people that is easily offended by an offer "just no"
Highlighted
Level 1
I had a woman want something I was only asking 3$ for..she wanted it for 50 cents..foe me to go to the post office and pay to mail it to her cousin for hwr Birthday...I blocked her...she only wanted to pay 50 cents for wverything...so thats not being "sensitive" its called being sick if ppl trying to het stuff for free...Ive also been stood up hundreds of times...sooooooo....people should pay what you ask for things maybe go down a little but they want you to give them stuff....thats NOT what this sight is for...js
Captain
There are places for no negotiation like retail, eBay, Amazon and etc.... This is just not it. The sellers also abuse the app by trying to sell above retail, but guess what if someone agrees then that is capitalism. And they gones both ways
Level 1
Okay here's the thing: Buyers sit on their behind at home and make low-ball offers while the people who are motivated to make money go out and shop for things to make a small profit and you have the audacity to say something like that? Yeah I don't mind an offer but show respect. Making an offer that is a win-win for you and for me. everything life doesn't have to be about screwing someone over so you can get ahead.
Community Helper
@Selina1harr--Hello!! We have all experienced this type of thing in some way, shape or form. There was a lady who wanted a $3 item for free, & she was 3 cities away from me & wanted me to bring the item to her. You never know what people will ask. The goal is to keep the things people say in perspective & not let it get the best of you. All you can do is respectfully decline, block/move forward. Thanks so much for your time and response!!
Level 2
Yeah, I have my horror stories about things like this. That's my first warning to anybody trying to sell is the first people in line are thing to stock their eBay store.
Community Helper
@NelliesSon--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! Take this amazing opportunity to interact with others and sharing your thoughts!!
That would be me. 😁 Such a well written and thought out rant Mr. Tight **bleep**. At least play the game so cheap skates like me can feel like they accomplished something. Know what you want for it? Well then add a few bucks to it so us low ballers can feel good too. And guess what? You still get the full amount you wanted. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and drop 5-10 bucks, big deal, oh wait you better fight for it because that's the 5 or 10 you will need for your tampons bro. The thing I like about low balling is that when I get a good deal I pass on the savings. Someone ends up getting something stupid cheap or better yet I'll say take it! It's yours. Point being, ease up bro you win some you lose some.
Level 1
Its not called lowballing or asking for freebies. You are right. To not bring enough to pay the agreed upon price is scurvy. But to try and dicker and barter has been the American way for 100s 9f years. If you dont want to do that, just mark your stuff "firm". But thank you for telling us this though. I always like to consider barters and trades. Thats what makes it fun. So if that makes me a lowballer or a panhandler in your eyes, i will be happy to not do business with you. I hate it when things im buying have an ego about its own value. Just sayin...