Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Level 9
I had 2 weeks with almost no sales on any platforms. I was terrified. I kept listing/relisting. Then it picked back up slowly. Archive and relist daily. Or even morning and evening. Good luck
Level 9
It’s going on 3 months. I’m in the process of looking for a new home I really don’t have the time between work and looking to repost anything. I’ll just delete my site and start fresh when I’m settled in my new home in a new area. Or it might be that when I got evicted I posted free stuff and they got what they wanted for free cause I LEFT behind 10 out of 20 YEARS of my LIFE behind.
Level 4
Sometimes we never know how much we are helping people when we contribute a little bit of money here and there to help sellers on Offer Up rather than want to get something for nothing. It feels good to give sometimes, especially to those in need.. I do wish you the best of luck..
Level 1
I'm sorry to hear that. I've also had items listed for months, to the pointed that I've removed them.
Try removing them, then take fresh pictures, settng up the items differently. It will bring your items up the list. Plus it will give ppl a fresh look. This idea just might work. Worth a try right?
Highlighted
Level 4
- (responding to your selling the $330 set for someone) IKR! Someone told me never to judge another person’s wallet/budget to my own. Best advice I ever got. For example - many years ago someone gave me a bike frame. They knew I liked to buy and sell stuff. I wanted to get rid of it before I tripped over it. I advertised it in the newspaper (remember those!) for best offer hoping I would get $20. A buyer offered me $500 when they came to inspect it. I discreetly looked around to see if my man was playing a joke on me. But the buyer happily gave me the money and I tried not to break my face from smiling.
Level 9
Wow! There are still good people out there. That is amazing
Level 9
Everyone on OfferUp are AMAZING PEOPLE who have to put up with LowBallers and Resale People wanting our AMAZING ITEMS for ridiculous PRICES. We have the STRENGTH of a COMMUNITY to beat them back and get our PRICES. We are OFFERUP STRONG. We are OfferUp.
Level 1
The thing is offer up is a medium to be used for people to interact and sell or buy. People use apps like this to save as much as they can instead of going to a local shop. I'd say one out of five things I sell either sell for the price I want or people fight each Other with higher prices. I don't know if your a serious seller or just some one with some spare stuff but for the most part that's how life is when you do person to person sales. If you don't plan for it to happen all the time you'll just become a hoarder of things.
Level 9
I’m not a hoarder for one thing just to get that straight for another EVERYTHING I’ve got posted is very Expensive all the Furniture on my site is of High Quality Excellent Condition comes from a Smoke Free Home. These are pieces that have served me well and is time for someone else to enjoy. I’ve done my research on Fair Market Value and they are priced Right.
I've only been a member for a short time and sold a couple items .. both times it was this situation where the buyer says well I can give you XXX .. we I'm pretty sure the negotiable price is set when we both agree and plan to meet for exchange .. not continue to knock an already amazing price for an item in great condition that is nowhere to be found at the price agreed upon .. it is extremely annoying and fustrating .. unfortunately I feel I let money go and more fustrating that I was in a pinch and needed the money . The only reason I did not walk away . Maybe there can be a standard or rule persay set for buyers and sellers against gouging either way . It's the open free sales market and there's only so much regulation. We all want a fair price and be able to use such a fantastic avenue to achieve that as offer up . I do know this is my go-to for buying and selling now I'm glad I found it and after learning the curve it becomes a perfect market for your items. Just beware . Ask . And achievable goals are present.
I wish all of us a happy experience and May our offers be up .. ,😁