Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Community Helper
@-57chevy--Perhaps the item either appears as a duplicate or they question the authenticity of what you're selling.
Level 1
That happened to me... we negotiated a price online, and when I got there they wanted an even lower offer...price should be agreed online...first before meet up
Level 3
Thanks for your comment about "lowball" offers. It is so diplomatic & gracious of you to say "thanks, but I prefer to wait for a better offer". After all the word offer implies an opportunity to make, & possibly accept counteroffers, doesn't it? I have only purchased, thus far, & am very pleased with all my purchases. If & when I decide to sell, I hope I remain as gracious as you and don't begrudge an offer of less than my asking price. Keep your pleasant attitude, your repeat customers will love you for it.
Level 3
Well thanks everyone for the lovely comments. I haven't ever done this so I didn't know. On other sites u can ask if they r willing to take a little less. Im would certainly pay the full price it's just that things have really been tight. So I guess with the comments everyone so kindly inputted I'll buy it but I won't go on offer up again. It says to be friendly and ask for help if u need it. Obviously that doesn't work on offer up or I should say some of the community on offer Up. Thanks for the help.
Level 3
Please don't be discouraged by the naysayers in the forum. If an ad says "Price firm" they aren't willing to dicker; & if I can't afford their price, I'll keep looking. So far I have made twenty-some-odd purchases. I rarely meet someone who won't consider a counter offer if I've spotted damage (they don't always mention it in their ad). Quite frankly, I'm very pleased with all my purchases. One seller has me waiting for my tax refund so I can go back & buy more! Sometimes the sellers on the forum use it as a bitchfest. Don't let them discourage you, let the sellers you see with great reviews be a better guide (the buyers give those good marks). I've only complained about two so far. Two vs twenty-something comes to 1 out of more than ten. Not bad odds by my book, but the bottom bottoms line is this: you have the power of your money. If the seller won't dicker, another one will. Leave the sourpuss behind, but remember their name so you'll know not to bother with them on any of their other ads. Good luck.
Highlighted
Level 3
From a buyers point of view: I TOTALLY AGREE! I'm on a tight budget & live in a large metropolitan area. I am reluctant to waste 1/4 a tank of gas unless I know exactly what I expect to pay.
Neighbor
Its negotaing its how grown ups do it when you dont back and forth your screwing yourself
Community Member

Thank you so much for your pointless and condescending remark qcox! I guess OfferUp hosts jerks just like every other social media platform....

Community Member

Oh good, another jerk!

Community Helper
Welcome to the Nationwide OU Community forums
@Fuqueofferup

So nice... to have you bringing attention to OU. Hopefully, your next post will be a bit more inviting, and maybe even have some success tips to share. GLTU! Ciao´