Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Level 4

It is always interesting to me, to read the messages in various topics on Offer Up. As for me, I am NOT a "business". And I am surprised how many on here run themselves as a business. Don't get me wrong - that's great - just not for me. I am an ordinary person who has some items to sell, just as one would sell them in a Yard sale, on eBay or Craig's List and more. (I live in an apartment - can't do a Yard Sale, LOL) I find OfferUp to be a particularly wonderful way to sell items, and I have had great success so far. I sold a didgeradoo, a Christmas Tree Skirt, a colander, and so forth. It is, however, interesting how many buyers seem to want to get "something for nothing" -- (lowballing)! I understand wanting a good deal on something....makes sense. But I price my items fairly low to begin with, so I really can't haggle down too much! The thing is, there is no "rush" for me to sell an item. So, I just wait. The right buyer will eventually come along.

Level 4

@MEDUSSASavedMe Me, too! Always filter for Charities first.

Level 1
True all that! One thing I notice is that people offering much less are sometimes just looking for a bargain! Or they need to justify...it tends to make me price things higher, knowing I will take less. But someone being respectful wins every time.
Level 2
You couldn't have said to it any better! Trust me I get that everyone wants a good deal , but Im not a non profit Organization like half the people on OfferUp think I must be ! Lol! I also have to agree with the , " is this still available " line. 85% of the people that ask me that , they never respond back to me when I Say "Yes" this item is still available! Maybe I'm just getting so annoyed and Flat out Blow away by some of the people that supposedly Buy things on this Site .... In alll reality , the people that are doing this , are ruining it for the True people that Really do want to Buy Something for a good deal ... 💵
Level 5
Agreed. I don't mind people looking for the best price but the least they could do is ask politely rather than "take this $30 for it." Smh.
Highlighted
Price vs cost
Level 1
I think the perfect keyword you mention was no rush in selling items once you tell people that, if you post that you won't get a lowball offers. way to go!
I got my money stolen. The corona police department told me it wasnt a crime even tho i had everything documented. They called it a bad business transaction. So how do i take action thru offer up when i cant even file a police report? No one talks about this
Level 5
1st you need to make these people who stole your money know to all Offer Up people warn people about them i dont think Offer Up can get your money back unless funds where in holding to stop payment you would have to submit all evidence to them if they already received your funds then you are out. Your police dept doesnt have a fraud dept a crime was committed and they wont do anything anything go to your A G in your state . I dont mail out i just sell local most of my items are not that expensive good luck Toyman
Level 5
Dont let get to you hang in there you will sell your items Toyman