Lowball offers and handouts

SOLVED
Level 1
People think ur trying to get rid of stuff so they try to get it for peanuts! Sorry, but Im selling not donating.😞😅
Level 3
Watch out for these people: I had someone tell me they were a single mom and lost EVERYTHING after Christmas (didn't say how and I didnt ask) I was told that they needed EVERYTHING that i could give away for free. So i gave my Kitchen table that i could have sold for ($60) A queen size bed i could have sold for ($40) a nice entertainment center i could have sold for ($140) and more...let me tell you the within the next few days (2 days) MY STUFF was on their profile trying to sell!!!!! These people are scamming innocent people like us.They are getting our stuff for free and reselling it. If they really needed it to begin with they wouldnt be selling it!! This is not RIGHT Very dishonest, and makes us look bad. Not right! So i no longer will "give stuff" away.
Level 3
Watch out for these people: I had someone tell me they were a single mom and lost EVERYTHING after Christmas (didn't say how and I didnt ask) I was told that they needed EVERYTHING that i could give away for free. So i gave my Kitchen table that i could have sold for ($60) A queen size bed i could have sold for ($40) a nice entertainment center i could have sold for ($140) and more...let me tell you the within the next few days (2 days) MY STUFF was on their profile trying to sell!!!!! These people are scamming innocent people like us.They are getting our stuff for free and reselling it. If they really needed it to begin with they wouldnt be selling it!! This is not RIGHT Very dishonest, and makes us look bad. Not right! So i no longer will "give stuff" away.
Tags (1)
OfferUp employee

@_Andrea Yes it is! 

Neighbor

No offense, but I think the problem comes when people hope to sell things to make an income. This is why eBay s*cks now. Personally, I want to get rid of things I no longer use, but get a couple bucks for it instead of goodwill. You can take the time, effort and gas to drive to a donation place to have them not be open, busy, refuse, etc.  

If I can get a couple bucks for something I no longer want, I might be able to get a new-to-me used item I have been needing. I don’t care what happens to something after I sell it. I just want to get it a new home instead of the landfill or the hassle of goodwill - and get a little something in exchange. This is what used to make eBay fun...finding a new love out of someone else’s cast offs for garage sale prices. But then sellers and stores took it over and its no different than any other store...except its more risky.

Look, the stuff is out of the box and used, you can’t expect to get anything what you paid for it. Who knows where its been?  If its a practically new bigger ticket item, I will ask half. Anything else just chump change.

Highlighted
Level 3
Why do potential buyers always want a lower price than what's listed ? I try and give a fair price but seems like all I hear is "Would you take "? The price is the price and even after price is non negotiable they still have the nerve to ask. Guess some people can't read !
Level 9
How many of us actually like buying anything at full price? Don’t we wait for stuff to go on sale in retail stores or look for coupons before making the purchase? I welcome all offers even on my firm items, but just like me being fair to buyers and willing to entertain their offers i think it’s also fair that they temper their expectations and don’t be rude when I decline it if it’s too low.
Level 9
To whom it make concern I’ve got on my site 2 Amethyst& Diamonds pieces of jewelry I’ve got them priced each at $100 each these pieces were both bought for well over $450.00 I’m not or will ever sell them for lower then my asking they can sit on my site it’ll I die. So don’t give me crap that we should sell our item for anything less than asking. I’m not going to take a low ball offers for $25-50 then find out it’s back on site for even more then I was asking. I don’t care that’s it’s called OfferUp that’s MY OFFER take it or leave it. And NO I Don’t wait for things to go on SALE I buy at full price for better QUALITY. You might be CHEAP but not all of us ARE. So don’t try to talk for all of us just talk for yourself. I don’t buy CHEAP I buy high Quality and expensive. Plus I don’t SELL JUNK.
KC1
Level 5
I like your tecknique, I needed this one. Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
Level 9
I don’t buy JUNK, I don’t SELL JUNK everything on my site is good to high QUALITY. If I wanted cheap I’d go to a Flea Market but that’s not ME or my style. I don’t wait for something to go on sale I pay full price for GOOD QUALITY ITEMS. And that’s all I SELL. Don’t low ball me cause I’ll tell you right off the bat price is firm or to low. Sometimes they’ll buy it and sometimes they won’t, I always do my research before I price my items so ok owfair market VALUE.