NOT getting paid after shipping

SOLVED
@MarieJenn its explained in the TOS under the Stripe/Offerup agreement. Most people here haven't ran and built their own websites with payment processing companies before. I have so I know how it works.
Level 3
well if that’s what you guys were trying to do I appreciate the effort and help but “easing our minds” by telling us exactly what we’ve been told a hundred times before won’t work after a month of confusion and frustration. What would make me feel better is progress or resolution. What should happen is OfferUp listens to its users complaints and remove the shipping feature until it’s actually fixed so I wouldn’t have had to make a post warning others
Community Manager

I can, and have, passed on this recommendation previously, @esc2010, but unfortunately, I'm not in control of making that decision.

Community Manager

ToS Stripe.png@MarieJenn This is taken directly from our Terms.

Level 3
I know. Which is what’s frustrating. High level community members are just as helpless for this problem as anyone else. I’m not blaming you for what’s happened but you’re literally the only human person I’ve been able to “speak” with so far regarding what’s happened that is somewhat able to do something about it. I only wish I could vent my frustrations to actual employees.
Level 2

@Mj_206 Well thanks as I'll see that later. Although there is more that i'll say at another time.

Community Manager

Well, I am an actual employee at OfferUp, @esc2010! Have been for almost 3 years now. I am passionate about our app and this community. It honestly pains me to not have a solution for you guys. I know that there have been several one-off issues related to matching names and bank accounts, or stories of users not using our pre-paid shipping labels which would absolutely slow down the payout process. Many times, there is a completely valid explanation for why the payout is taking longer, but unfortunately, I don't have the tools or ability to confirm this each time.

Level 3
Well from the other users also commenting that the same has happened to them where the buyer cancels their payment it sounds like this problem is not just one-off. Sounds like a perpetuated scam by users exploiting this flawed system. My friend who is also working at OfferUp has also confirmed a number of people who were in the same boat as me. And even if the buyer was innocent and made a payment entry error I still shouldn’t be getting a shipping label with a message telling me to ship without OfferUp actually having the money from the buyer. This isn’t “flow isn’t as intended” this is “we messed up”.
Community Manager

Ok, so - I have seen sellers close their account after accepting an offer. Buyers will ABSOLUTELY get their money back in this case and the seller account would be permanently removed.

A buyer is only able to cancel an offer before the seller accepts it. 

When it comes to users attempting to defraud our shipping feature, we're incredibly strict and won't hesitate to remove accounts that attempt to do so. Users that regularly cancel shipping transactions will also have their shipping abilities revoked.

Cancel a shipment on OfferUp

Level 3
I’m still confused what happened in my case then because OfferUp said there was a payment issue yet I had already shipped my item. Idk if the buyer scammed me by canceling their payment or their payment was fraudulent. And in this case your fraud prevention methods didn’t work because the “buyer” still got my item for free. And if I hadn’t had fought tooth and nail to get my money back OfferUp wouldn’t have even known there was a problem. I was first told that I could relist my item again. Then the support team kept telling me to wait and my money will come lol.. and finally they realize somethings wrong after maybe the 3rd case I had to open and they finally listened to me and said “an expert is working on it” which is what they said for 3 weeks without any updates or responses back ever.