Need option to get alerts for the specific items you want for certain price

SOLVED
Level 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Samsamoffer yes I’ve seen that option on letgo, it’s something to think about for sure, thanks for sharing your advice Samsamoffer, I’m glad members like you are sharing information and their idea for new features, try to help make OfferUp a better experience for all the members.👍
Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
OfferUp employee

Thanks for the feedback @Samsamoffer. Can you let me know more of how you would like to see this on the app? We've talked about Wishlists/Want Lists, I could maybe see something like this there. What do you think? Let me know! 

Community Helper
Hi @Samsamoffer welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,
That’s interesting, do you mean getting alerts from your Quick saved folder?
Highlighted
Level 1
Suppose you want to buy sofa within 5 to 50$ .you get alerts/notifications for newly listed sofa for that price limit
Tags (2)
Level 1
Suppose you want to buy sofa within 5 to 50$ .you get alerts/notifications for newly listed sofa for that price limit .you don't want to waste time filtering results . Check Letgo app for the reference.
Tags (1)
Level 9
The quick save feature will let you know of items you have favorited that have gone down in price.

I see an issue with contacting everyone who put in the keywords for a 'ps4 - 150$' Alert for example — it will make everyone jump on it and create a cluster and a bidding war.

Suddenly, you won't get that PS4 for 150 as the User has received higher offers, so you lose in that scenario.

I'd advise you use your wishlist/favorites instead to be notified when an item drops in price.
Community Helper
@Samsamoffer yes I’ve seen that option on letgo, it’s something to think about for sure, thanks for sharing your advice Samsamoffer, I’m glad members like you are sharing information and their idea for new features, try to help make OfferUp a better experience for all the members.👍
Tags (1)
Level 1

I don't care about the price... I just want to know when a Specific item has just been posted. I'm tired of searching all day then go to take a 1hr break and find out it posted & sold.

Community Helper
I hear you @loopzone I know it’s really frustrating when that happens I’ve had that same thing happened to me.
thanks again for sharing.
Level 1
You know... I got to thinking about it some more & thought of when "way back in the day" there were people selling programs to snipe bid on ebay. I am sure if someone wanted to get the advantage on certain items they would be writing aps for it. Ya think??? ...