No email about buyers protection

OJC
Level 2
I had bought an item that was shipped to me , the seller said that the item is 100% functional and had no broken pieces, but when I had revised my item the was a few broken parts and when I had tried to test it out the item would not function and turn on at all.. I sent in a buyers protection but have not yet received a reply back
5 REPLIES
Level 2

Try contacting them through twitter @OfferUpSupport they reply a lot faster. Based on replys/reviews everybody has problems with buyer protection support, hopefully your case gets resolved. Best of Luck!

OJC
Level 2
I had selected for the “Partial Refund & Keep Item” option but they sent me a return shipment label and full refund which is NOT what I had selected
Level 6
Here's the thing: if its broken, return it. Partial refunds? Either its broken and not functional or its working.
People who want something off after a sale are ridiculous. Return for a full refund

OJC
Level 2
Here’s the thing : if you are going to have it as an option , as a business you should honor your service .. why make that an option if you can’t even use it .. it is a false statement
Level 6
I didn't say you can't use it, I said that you shouldn't. What's money off going to do if its broken and not functional? This is just a buyers way of getting something for less than they agreed to and just opens more doors for false claims. If it is broken, get a refund, its not what you paid for.