No reply to inquiry asked

SOLVED
Level 9
Lately, people send message if items are still available and no reply when I answer their questions. I used to reply in long polite answer but I given up on that. It is waste of my time. Also, every single person who do not reply to their inquiry, I make sure report to OU.

It wasn't like that when I first start using OU, but seem like more and more people just "fishing" for sale of getting answer.

Anyone else noticed this trend of just asking availability or saying they want to buy but no answer beyond that???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Hello @Dad_Tired

That no reply trend is a growing concern and is truly frustrating for us all. I am able to ignore that behavior and move on to the next buyer.

Navigating Through Conflicts Gracefully

Are buyers not replying to their inquiry annoying or inappropriate?

We know to report inappropriate behavior but is annoying behavior like not replying worth the time for the Customer Service Team to launch an investigation?

Who is wasting whose time here?

16 REPLIES 16
Level 1
I just had the same problem. That's a great idea to block them.
Tags (1)
Level 9

HI @Dad_Tired ,,,,,,,Hi @Jazzygiirl  welcome to the forums,,,, i get a few of those that ask a question and then never respond back,,,,but its mostly ones that i dont respond to very fast,,,and i think the person has just moved on,,,,,,,,,,,,some buyers want an instant response or they spend their money somewhere else,,,,,,impulse buying,,,,,,,again welcome to the forums,,,,,would love to hear opinions from both of you here in the forums,,,,a lot of good info here if you take the time to read through it

Tags (1)
Level 9

Hello @Dad_Tired

That no reply trend is a growing concern and is truly frustrating for us all. I am able to ignore that behavior and move on to the next buyer.

Navigating Through Conflicts Gracefully

Are buyers not replying to their inquiry annoying or inappropriate?

We know to report inappropriate behavior but is annoying behavior like not replying worth the time for the Customer Service Team to launch an investigation?

Who is wasting whose time here?

Level 9
@Shupat you are right. I never thought about that way. I'll refrain from reporting now on and stop wasting OU support team's time. Thanks for your cimment!
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Dad_Tired

PS - love the username Smiley LOL

Level 1
I happens to be constantly. If I reply and they don't reply back I simply move on. I hide the message and wait for the next interested buyer. I did report one lady though. On 3 separate occasions she went through my 100+ offers making lowball bids (which I always cut deals on bulk buys anyway) tying up 10+ items for a day or 2 at a time. Absolutely no response back from her after intitial bids. It was ridiculous. I blocked her. She still messages me on stuff. I cant see the message but I see her picture under the posts. The worst part is she is a seller, so I know she knows better. Before anyone asks, no I have never messaged her on any of her offers or pulled a flake out (since I dont do that period) on her. Still baffled by her behavior. Its probably why she has 4 stars though.
I understand what you mean, that’s rude of her to lowball and tie up your items. Do you ever call her out on it? I would just ask her to make a non refundable deposit via PayPal or Venmo to hold the items
Level 1
I reached out to Offer Up for help in contacting someone they simply said that it does happen. I went as far as to using my wife's FB account to send a message. Again with no luck. It is what it is ...
Tags (1)
Level 9

Hi @GeKip and @Elpelu welcome to the forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,I get low offers from one lady quite a bit that is a reseller ,,,,,i dont even try to talk to her anymore , i just tell her no thankyou,,plus i dont want to sell to her because she does not follow offerup rules,,,multiple listings that get flagged but offerup does nothing about , myself and two other people have flagged her posts and her id,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i have another reseller that has made offers ,said where she lives and wanted me to deliver ,but then never responded back,,,,,,,but recently shes learned she has to respond back to me if she wants to buy from me,,,she cant just tell me to deliver,,,i made a sell to her yesterday,,,,that one shes just busy buying  stuff for her flea market and a shop shes starting and doesnt always take the time to respond back,,,,,,,,,,,,you get all kinds in offerup,,,,,,,,i dont get to excited about ones that dont respond back,,,,,,i just move on,,,,,,and i tell some that want to meet the next day that i wont hold an item , to just message me when they are ready to meet.