No reply

SOLVED
Level 1
My biggest pet peeve is when you find that one item and you contact the seller. And you don’t get a reply back. **bleep** if you don’t have the item then remove it or mark sold.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Hi @Paul-87 welcome to the OfferUp Community forum
Yes it’s really frustrating, sometimes they don’t answer because they have multiple offers, I had one person after messaging them 7 times. say I’ve got other offers, and what’s my best offer trying to start a bidding war. or decided he wanted more money ether way it’s just common courtesy to answer messages for sure.
8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
Hi @Paul-87 welcome to the OfferUp Community forum
Yes it’s really frustrating, sometimes they don’t answer because they have multiple offers, I had one person after messaging them 7 times. say I’ve got other offers, and what’s my best offer trying to start a bidding war. or decided he wanted more money ether way it’s just common courtesy to answer messages for sure.
Level 1
@Hotrod thank you. I understand about offers. When they have an asking price and don’t reply. That is what gets me. Hell if you don’t won’t to sale it then don’t post it. Lol
Level 3
I get frustrated, especially when I have cash in hand. I usually tell multiply buyers that someone was already picking it up, but would they like me to message them if it falls through. It works.
Community Helper
@Paul-87 yes I totally agree, it’s really frustrating.
Level 1
@Luviggy I have done that in the past when I sold things on CL. I wish everyone would do that.
Level 1
@Hotrod yes it is. And that’s why after a few messages I say to hell with and move on. It’s sad cause it happens on a lot of sites.
Level 3
I totally agree with you. I hate it when I contact a seller for an item I'm very interested in & they never reply back! Ughhh. I've noticed this happens to me a lot. I figured this happens to me when I look at them date they posted item it's been posted a year ago. I suggest that they take the ad down after a certain amount of time.