Non-responders! People who message then NEVER message back!!!

SOLVED
Level 4
Yes I have someone that actually has bought from me send me messages on about 10 items all at the same time I respond yes still available and she won’t respond at all !!! She does this at least 3 times a week sometimes I send her messages after saying hello ? And nothing !!!! But then when she really wants to come and buy something from me and I won’t respond she gets all desperate saying please can I come ? I’m in the area .....like what are they thinking when they do such thing
In all honesty, some people do it out of boredom. Others get a feeling of power, in believing that they can afford many items (when in reality they can't). Sometimes, sadly, & in my own experience with one such individual it is a bid for attention.

At the worst & I've experienced this as well..the user may be on **bleep**. I had one individual (2nd year, & local) whom would write on 30 different items, three times a day all like clock work.
Level 4
You might be on to something. There could be a mental health aspect to it where some people just seek out attentiom or confirmation. It's a bit annoying.
Level 3
If that was the case, wouldn't it be just as common on other sites? This happens on Offer Up to me like 10x the amount of any of the 8 sites I sell on!
Level 1
I've worked in, and managed retail businesses for decades, and I agree here. I do not care for the prompted responses. Considering I just started on this site and within a few days narrowly escaped being taken - I think I'll opt for the more personal sounding inquiries. Yes, I want to sell my stuff, but I'd rather NOT get taken due to haste. Plus, buyer, seller, whatever- people like the personal feel in business, thus creating repeat business, and word of mouth advertising.
Level 1
I agree! Just was hit up by a couple of them. I've seen that before in retail, (via asset protection) and they're getting more creative.
Level 3
I could care less how a person contacts me to purchase an item. I don't use the prompted responses as a seller but then again, I don't think a seller ever should. The only thing I care about is selling my items. How you contact me to do so is completely irrelevant.

How did you almost get taken? Certainly the scammers, (and there are a lot on this site since Offer Up won't take the steps to reduce them), are easy to spot. The usually have joined in the current month. They want to take the deal of site via text message or email.
Highlighted
Level 4
Yes my regular buyers do that all the time