Nonfunctional Item

Community Member
I purchased a sewing machine and it arrived not functional. I had already communicated this to the seller, who has not responded. Now I requested a refund, and it says that the buy has two days to accept or decline. What happens after 2 days? I tried to file a claim, but it said that my window had expired or a claim was already in process. If the seller is avoiding my messages am I going to be on the losing end of this and end up with a nonfunctional item?
5 REPLIES 5

@CRivera07 

If you filed a buyer protection claim within the valid/allotted time (as you did not clarify), OfferUp will investigate regardless of the seller's reactions/actions. Your money is held in an escrow account and out of reach of the seller during the claim process.

If you win, you will receive a prepaid shipping label from OfferUP, so that you can return ship the sewing maching, and you will receive a refund.

Community Member
I requested a refund, but it says that the seller will have to accept or decline in 2 days. When I tried to file a claim it said that I couldn’t because my window had either expired or there was already a claim started
Community Helper
It's because you asked for a refund. You can contact support via https://offerup.com/support/new/ to see if they can possibly help you.
Community Member
Was I not supposed to ask for a refund? I’m so upset because it was a $200 purchase and the seller isn’t responding to any messages
Highlighted
Community Helper
Asking for a refund is fine. However, I would have started a buyers claim by saying that the item was not as described. However, that is just me. Also contact support to see if they can help you in this case