Not being paid after shipping

Level 1
I’m going to try this again, it feels like I’m getting an automated response and no help from customer support.

A deposit was issued to my debit card but it didn’t go through. I called my bank and they said it was rejected because the zip code did not match.

I’m unsure how because nothing has changed. They said to have it corrected and have the payment resubmitted. I relayed this by replying to the OfferUp support emails in my inbox. I get a generic response from Heidi and Yamel, asking who was the agent and the item I sold and the transaction id number but no real support. I’ve already changed the info to a deposit using my checking and routing number so I need the deposit reinitiated to my bank.

I’ve been told it’s been escalated to the payment support department and I’ve heard nothing back.

It’s going on two weeks since I sold the items and I would like my money it’s just sitting on pending deposit.

Do not reply with a generic response I need help from a real person.
5 REPLIES 5
Level 3
Sorry to say but there is no real person helping you, I still haven’t received my money from 8 months ago, I gave up because like you said, it’s all generic responses.
Level 1
Me too! Looks like I’m out over $600 and no response with an email... it’s all automated! There’s no one to help, call or write to. Shipped all of it and it’s been over a month. Why aren’t they checking credit cards more responsibly?
Level 1
You invest in a product, you buy supplies, you photograph to the best of your ability, you pack, pay for labels and ship on time... all this and of the customers credit card isn’t good you’re out a lot of money! Where is the security for sellers cause I see a lot of security for buyers? What happens next when there’s no one to talk to?
Level 1
It’s happening to me too! I’m seeing so much buyer protection but none for sellers! Out over $600 and not a single automated response... not even that.
Level 3
Try punching in your account numbers again, I finally got mine after I kept on email them and complained. I’ve been asking buyers to do PayPal, if buyers are not comfortable with PayPal I won’t sell to them. Just make sure to tell them to use good and service option, protects buyer and seller plus you get money right away, PayPal is 2.9% fees instead of 9.9% from offerup.