Not getting notifications

SOLVED
I don’t seem to be getting any notifications when someone inquires about my listings. I checked and all my notifications are turned on. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

Hey folks, if you're using iOS devices we've recently identified an issue affecting push notifications and will be rolling out a fix for it next week. In the mean time, you can log out of the app and log back in to hopefully fix it. (note that deleting and reinstalling will not fix the issue, as the issue is caused by downloading settings that were saved in iCloud. Logging out and back in is necessary.)

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
OfferUp employee

Hey @Legacy! There is way more here from our Help Center, but it might be due to some settings being enabled on your device that block background data. If that link from the Help Center doesn't work, go ahead and make sure to contact our Customer Support team so they can look into your issue for you. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Hi @Legacy welcome to the OfferUp Community forum.
I would give this a try, first reboot your phone 📱, if your still having problems, try uninstalling the OfferUp app and reinstall then reboot your phone again.
Level 1
I am also having the same issue. For about a month now, I do not receive any alerts or notifications when someone inquires about a listing or responds to my inquiry. I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, checked notifications in settings, advanced settings etc and still nothing. Additionally, my newest listings show zero views. I've been buying and selling on this app for about a few years now and nothing like this has ever happened. And yesterday, 2 of my listings disappeared. What could be going on and can this be fixed? Thanks so much!
Community Helper
Hi @JenL I’m also having problems with my notifications $$ sounds, but I figured it was probably because I’m on the OfferUp Early Access team testing new features live on the app. but maybe every one is having the same issue as well, I’ll report this to the OfferUp team next time I give my input on the new features, on your items disappearing that could be because duplicate posts of the same items in the same category they will be automatically removed by OfferUp, or duplicate posts in multiple categories, get reported by members and removed by OfferUp. If your not doing any duplicate posts, I would contact the OfferUp customer support team with this issue.
OfferUp employee

Hey folks, if you're using iOS devices we've recently identified an issue affecting push notifications and will be rolling out a fix for it next week. In the mean time, you can log out of the app and log back in to hopefully fix it. (note that deleting and reinstalling will not fix the issue, as the issue is caused by downloading settings that were saved in iCloud. Logging out and back in is necessary.)

Tags (3)
Community Helper
Thanks for the quick response, @nodnarB
I was just about to send you this thread to, I’ll pass on this information if any other members ask.👍
OfferUp employee

Thanks @Hotrod!

Level 2
I have the same problem, I already bought another phone and I put my account and the same thing happens, I do not receive the notifications, the problem is in my account, because I already put another account and if it works
Community Helper
Hi @david24 I did receive your private message, did you contact the OfferUp customer care team?, I’ve also messaged @Elin Community manager as well as tagged her here in this thread with your issue. just a quick tip if you want someone to respond to you in threads, put this @ in front of their username like I put in front of your username.