Not getting paid?

Level 1
Hey all,
I’m worried because I sold over $1,000 in items through offerup shipping, 4 of my items delivered and I’ve heard nothing from anybody. It says payment is on the way for 3 of them, and 1 i haven’t heard anything from. It just says ‘deposit pending’. Obviously this is worry-some because $1,000 isn’t something you want to eat. I’ve sold over $15,000+ through offerup locally, this is the first time I used the shipping feature. I’m completely in the dark. I just send support an email.
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Level 1
It’s worth mentioning the 3 day hold has came and went. It’s been about a week and over a week for the ‘deposit pending’ item since that.
Level 1
Well im a seller and buyer I stay away from shipping just because is too much of a risk for me since one the item is shipped and they could easily recall their PayPal payment I stay away from it plus I had offers of paying and extra $100 for an item and it just sounds like a scan to me.
Level 1
With so many pay hubs available now, request that a buyer pays a deposit through PayPal, Venmo, etc., before shipping (if that is allowed by OfferUp). And hopefully you don't stress too much. It seems as though OfferUp has buyer and seller protection, so I'm hopeful that you'll receive what is owed to you.

Also, as much as I'd like to believe there are still good and honest people in the world, we still need to be leary unfortunately. Next time, see what options are available for payment before selling and shipping. Please let the Community know, myself in particular, your outcome in this. Prayers.
Level 1
This is probably the worse site when it comes to getting your money for what I've been reading so far. I am a very positive person when it comes to business situations but, I shipped for the first time on 9/9/18 and I still haven't received my money. I've provided tracking information 4 separate times and really cant understand why it's taking so long to get my money when it's told 3 days after receiving the items and 3 days for it hit my account after that. It's now 9/19/18 and nothing yet. First and last time I use the shipping process. VERY disappointed with this and possibly looking into legal action because I get random emails about the same thing. "If used other means of shipping, please provide the tracking number" blah, blah, blah.
Level 3
I have money sitting in my account on here and they haven't been transferred to my account? And I just bought a item and I can't get it because the seller didn't set shipping right?! Post office wants me to pay more then it should cost for two of the items weight of what I purchased?!? I'm not happy...
Level 3
I have same problem. And shipping problems on an item I bought?! I have emailed OfferUp with no response.
Community Manager

Hi there, @Salt_Springs - we got your case escalated. 

Tags (1)
Level 3
Ok
Highlighted
Level 1

Same here..... still says deposit pending.  WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!  Very dissapointed with Offer Up.