Offer up stole my money

Level 1
Hey anyone else having issues with offerup payment? I sold something almost 2 weeks ago offerup didn’t even sent the money to my default payment option the sent it to this bank account number I don’t know everyone I try to click on it I can’t see any information and costumer service is a joke any having payment issues I saw we file a class action lawsuit
3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
The only thing you can really do in this type of a situation is Submit a help ticket. I am aware the customer service is extremely lacking. Unfortunately a class action lawsuit isn't really an option it actually says some the terms of service that you agreed to that you can't Sue offer up.
Level 1
I have 3 lawyers and 2 are definitely confident we have enough to start a class action we already have over 20 people just a matter of time they can’t keep stealing people’s money I’m owed 400 dollars and other people hundreds and there bringing more lawyers

@Agapecer wrote:
Unfortunately a class action lawsuit isn't really an option it actually says some the terms of service that you agreed to that you can't Sue offer up.

Actually a class action lawsuit can get certified, IF OfferUp violates its own TOS, then the arbitration clause becomes invalid.

Case in point: All of those that have shipping damage claims against UPS are unable to file their claims with the carrier because OfferUp refuses to indicate their client/customer number (OfferUp is a client of UPS), which UPS has specificed as a REQUIREMENT for the claims to be filed.

The irony is that OfferUp has replied to these users to deal with UPS directly, but will not relay the REQUIRED information for the users to file the claims. This is an example of some classic "Catch-22" FUBAR.