OfferUp being used as a dating site

SOLVED
Highlighted
So about 1 of 5 of my messages are very random,creepy pick up lines. Like:"I want you", "are you 420 friendly","would you be interested in meeting me and my wife?" And on and on. For what reason does anyone think this is appropriate in any universe? I'm concerned and thinking I should maybe change my pic and info,yet I dont want to do that and potentially be seen as hiding my identity?! IDK it's just very uncomfortable and foreign to me. I'm here to buy and sell not Netflix n chill,lol.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Also i want to state here that I have never messaged @Privetfla privately ,,,,,,,,i have never said i come to offerup to meet women,,,,,,,everyone has seen what i have to say on the subject here in the forums.,,,,,,,,,,,,,that being said ,,,,,,,i gotta go meet a woman about an item im selling

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
82 REPLIES 82
Level 9

Hi @RaingirlVIP81,,, being so good looking is just something some of us have to get used to , women used to hit on me all the time when i had my pic on an online profile,,,i had to take my pic down.  Your pic is lovely ,,you are a beautiful woman,,,,,,,and unfortunately there are always gonna be creepy people out there,,seems like some of them get braver online and speak up more. I dont know what the solution is. Im curious raingirl,,,,,,how did you decide on your id ........

Level 9

@RaingirlVIP81

I understand what you are saying!

Please take the time to report and block members that shows inappropriate behavior to The Customer Care Team  here.
The reports get viewed by our Customer Care team, and they will give warnings or remove users that violate these standards.

Level 9
Hello my is goblin
6'1 Gemini, 22 years old

I enjoy long walks on the beach and watching the sunset.

Looking for that special someone who will buy everything I have on OfferUp
Tags (1)
Level 9

LOL @goblin,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,I hope you find that special someone

Tags (1)
Community Helper
@RaingirlVIP81 that’s why you will see a lot of members with avatars or no photo at all, but that’s totally your decision to have your photo or something else. OfferUp is for selling and buying items it’s not a dating app, but some people just don’t get it and say inappropriate things sometimes, I would following @Shupat advice.
Level 9
Lol @goblin. Funeee!
Community Manager

@goblin wrote:
Hello my is goblin
6'1 Gemini, 22 years old

I enjoy long walks on the beach and watching the sunset.

Looking for that special someone who will buy everything I have on OfferUp

omg LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Yeah, there are some people that think OfferUp is Tinder - I immediately report/block anyone that tries to use the app as a dating app. 

Level 1

Level 9
Dont forget your pina colada @goblin. 🥂