OfferUp being used as a dating site

SOLVED
Level 9
Hi @Lola_The_Plug and @RaingirlVIP81 . Had a guy hit on me too the other night posing as a buyer in OU. At least i assumed it was a guy. Who knows? Anyway, he/she wanted to flirt while he/she sipped his/her wine. Lol. Lol. Eeeewwwww.....gross! 🤣
Level 9

I gotta say ,,,,,,i feel bad for some of you people that think dating sites is where you need to go to meet someone to  date,,,,,,I myself and pretty sure that it if keep using offerup ,,i will indeed end up meeting someone that i will date,,,,,,,,,,I would never go to a dating site,,,,,,,,,,,,,in my opinion thats kind of pathetic,,,,,,,I have met quite a few very nice people because of offerup and im sure i will meet many more and i just bet that i will at some point hit it off with someone i meet ,,,,,,,,i really think maybe some of you should get out more and socialize and stop being so bitter. Pretty much everywhere i go i meet potential dates.,,,,,,,,even on the internet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,being harrassed constantly like raingirl was talking about is  one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but saying that offerup is not a dating site is something else,,,,,,,,,,,,the whole planet is a  place to meet someone.,,,,,,,,,,,,,also if you are a seller ,,,,,taking advantage and talking more to your customers will get repeat buyers

Community Helper
@RaingirlVIP81 I'm sorry that your having to deal with people who just don't get it. Some guys (mainly) who use just about any window of opportunity to behave immature when they see a chance to "pounce". Lack of respect, no couth and clueless. Unfortunately, it's all a microcosm of how we degrade women in society. Some men just feel entitled and behave badly.
Keep reporting those who act like creeps and violate any rules in contacting you. Don't let it go because, it only get worse if it's allowed or encouraged. So what's comfortable for you with your avatar? No one should make you feel like you must change or keep your picture to cope with others bad behavior. Any women who behave in these ways, making people uncomfortable and possibly violating rules, also should be reported and dealt with. Who knows if this will ever become better, but I support you.
Tags (1)
Level 9
@0317. Do you meet women from OU to buy or sell an item, or just to hit on them hoping for a date? That is not what OU is all about. You say that everywhere you go, you meet potential dates. But of all those potential dates, how many have actually dated you? None i bet. Women are not meat for you to put your hook into. And you criticize us for being bitter when we are harrassed with unwanted advances like yours? That is pathetic.
Tags (1)
Level 9

Welcome to the forums @Rated !

Level 9
@Lapua. Typical male sexist opinion. Blechhhh.
Tags (1)
Level 1

We all haven't to be careful on here , am not sure what a person can see on profile but the " new member " thing is a go to sign. I hope our young children not on here without a parent.

Level 9

lol @Privetfla every time you mention me in a post,,,,,,it sends me a notification,,and then each time you edit that post,,,it sends me another notification,,,hahaha,,,and yes ,,,,i meet women on offerup when im selling stuff,,,,,,,,the last one i met was a nice young lady that raise cockatiels,,,,,she purchased a bird cage from me,,,,we actualy met twice,,,,,,,had a very nice chat about raising birds,,,,,,her birds just had babies,,,,we talked about cockatiels and quail ,,,,i raised quail for a while,,,,,,and then in the end ,,,i got the cage back,,,,,,it wasnt really big enough and the local church found her a bigger one,,,,,,i figured she could use the money so i told her just to bring the cage back and i would refund her money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the women i met before that ,,,,,,i sold an item that came from texas,,,,,she was buying it for her husband ,he was from texas,,,,,,,we each sat in our own car and talked for a while about texas,,,,,she lived there herself for a while and i lived in dallas for several years,,,,,,,,,,,both good offerup meets,,,,,,both ladies,,,,,,unlike you,,,,both ladies were both quite nice and we had a nice visit at the transaction,,,,,,,,,,just like all my other transactions ,with mosty guys,,,,,,,,,,,lol privetfla,,,,,before one of your edits  i saw you say something about you being hit on by guys like me,,,,,,i can tell you for fact,,,,,NO GUY LIKE ME WOULD EVER HIT ON A WOMEN LIKE YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but yes,,,,the whole world i a place where one might find someone they are attracted to,,,,,,even on offerup,,,,,,,,,,and yes offer up is all about buying and selling and meeting folks in your comuntiy for the transaction

Tags (1)
Level 9

and again i feel that anyone that feels they need to go to a dating site to meet someone is pathetic and i would never date someone from one of those sites.

Highlighted
Level 9
Bleccch @0317.