Offerup Up Selling Onlinr Outside of Your State?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't offer up now offer for you to sell your items through the whole US instead of just your city? Initially i had gotten the option to sell outside of state on my ads but now i never see it anymore, does anyone know why? Appreciate all the responses in advance, hope you guys have a very blessed day! Smiley Very Happy
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Ok got it @Skateguy Yes OfferUp has that option only in some areas. 👍
9 REPLIES 9
Level 1
No it is currently still local. I use the mercari app for nationwide use
Community Helper
Hi @Skateguy @RubenYahweh welcome to the OfferUp Community forum 😊
Yes it’s possible to post items in other parts of the US, when posting your items for sale, when you get to the option to change the location just change the zip code to the city you want your post to sell in.
Tags (4)
Level 1
@Ruben yeah i use meecari as well and ebay but i know offerup did start up something with shipping
Level 1
@Hotrod I understand what you are talking about but it's not that, offerup started something with shipping nationwide
Tags (1)
Community Helper
Ok got it @Skateguy Yes OfferUp has that option only in some areas. 👍
Level 3
I believe that onlinr was typed incorrectly. But that is pretty awesome providing people ship out the packages on time etc.
Level 1
There’s someone claiming to be selling Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks that are in great shape for about $2,000. Blue book is $8-10,000. The ad says it’s local, but the poster want to converse via email. They then claim the truck is out of state with them. They want payment sent through an eBay company, they claim to pay for shipping to you and offer a free return shipping and a money back guarantee. The low price is because the sellers (husband, father, mother, etc) died and the memory is too painful, hence the cheap price. They state they’re moving back in with (family, friends, etc). When asked for VIN or address, they stop responding. When I stated I was going to have authorities stop over to look at the truck, they pulled the ad from OfferUp. Today however they posted two more ads for two blue Toyota Tacoma’s. Be careful!!!
Level 1
Here is one of the email responses I got. He other two I received are exactly the same.
“Hi,

My name is Samantha Lauren, happy to see you are interested in my 2007 Toyota Tacoma SR5.Let me give you a few details about the truck. Really good shape, never had any problems with it,no scratches or dents,the truck is free of any accidents.The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly.It has only 80,981 miles, V6 - 236 Horsepower,Blue exterior.The title is legally under my name, clear and free of any liens or loans. The price was reduced at $2,000, because my husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and move to my sister in Canton OH (that`s why I`m selling it so cheap). Also .It brings very bad memories to me.If you have any other questions, or need more info and photos, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely Samantha Lauren!
@Goobies I've heard this same story used on Craigslist. I hope you reported them