PayPal Cash Plus

Level 1
Has anyone had success linking their PayPal Cash Plus account to their direct deposit?

Being the account is a checking account with an account number, routing number , and you are given a MasterCard debit card, I would think this is an acceptable form of direct deposit. Thanks for the feedback.
11 REPLIES 11
Community Helper
I don't think that Offerup will accept this as a form since technically it is a prepaid card. I have prepaid card and it has a bank routing and account number and they wont accept it.
Level 1
Thanks for the reply. When I input the information into the offerup direct deposit info. It was accepted. Will that make a difference?
Community Helper
I am not sure.
Level 1
No problem. I’m receiving my first balance tomorrow and I’ve linked my direct deposit that way. I’ll report back here with an update on how it goes.
Level 1
Hey buddy. I just received my deposit using PayPal Cash plus. This does work. Time for a PSA?
Level 9
Good to know it worked
I have not tried this, but good info. Can you purchase with this too?
Community Helper
I dont work for Offerup unfortunately, so I cant make that PSA.
Level 1
I don’t see why not. The card is a MasterCard from PayPal through their PayPal Cash plus program. I use it to make everyday transactions already.

What is the the big deal or confusion? ANY MasterCard is accepted payment for cashless payments on OfferUp. This one just happens to be issued by Paypal, which is technically not a bank, but can be used as a bank account.

Paypal issues 3 types of cards: Mastercard "regular" CC, a Debit Mastercard, and a Prepaid Mastercard (labeled prepaid).

The only issue MIGHT be with the prepaid version when dealing with OfferUp RETURNS, since Stripe will NOT be able to return the funds into this prepaid card, which is why there is a warning within the TOS in regards to "prepaid debit cards".