Payment methods VS Scam/Spam

SOLVED
Level 1
Hello Friends, I can say I am brand New to OfferUp App. I like this app and It help me sell or give free items to my local people. First, I want to say thanks to all of you that are following me. Also to Warn you, Please be ALERT about Scams/Spam. I have noticied lots and lots of Fake accounts from people just sending you Offers, This people are asking for your Paypal ID or offering to send you money via western Union. I do not know what OfferUp is doing about this users accounts but they should be deactivated asap. The best way to avoid this fake users is by reporting them and after you report them, do not forget to block them. The easies way to find out if the message is coming from someone that want to scam/spam you is when they directly Offer you other payment methos, extra money, their account are not confirmed by OfferUp, no profile photo and not TrueYou verified.

Thanks Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @MiamiFL! Great heads up to other users! I only use cash, or OfferUp Payments whenever possible!!

7 REPLIES 7
Community Helper
Be sure to report these accounts so that offerup can take a look into them.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @MiamiFL! Great heads up to other users! I only use cash, or OfferUp Payments whenever possible!!

Level 1
I've been using offer up for about 9 months with great results- both locally and with ship feature. In the last month or so, I've had a lot of false "offers". They are not local, but have no intention of using the shipping feature. they have little info on their profile, so I suspect they are fishing. How do you report them?
Community Helper
There should be a flag on the top of the messages/their profile.
Community Helper
Welcome to the OfferUp Community forums
@Beebendra!
>>Tap to Report as well GLTU!
I only take cash AND give a "BTW.., I do NOT have change", in my message reply , which has been successful in doing away with the "ooh, I only have a $50 bill" ( or some ridiculous lower bill to get the item $20- $25 cheaper)..it is working so far. QUESTION TO ALL... I am confused about the "PayPal " issues. I know this App uses something different, but what is the issue with possible scans using PayPal when it is a verified app??
Level 1
Hi there. I'm trying to post on the community for him and I don't know which link to press on. I have tried every which way. Also I'm trying to block a user and everytime I press the block person the screen pops up with "try again"? I really would appreciate your assistance. Thank you Cassandra