Payment pending

SOLVED
Level 1
Hey guys so I am new to offer up and I paid for an item through the app and I got the message that the payment team is reviewing my payment and that it could be as long as 48 hours which it almost is. I am pretty sure they’ve already charged me and I’m just wondering if this is normal. I’ve also tried to contact offer up and they haven’t responded.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Emillz 

If you are concerned, you can ask the seller to cancel the transaction, create an entire NEW AD, and try to buy it on Monday. This method has worked for some people (you can search the forums).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Emillz 

It is unusual to have to wait 48hrs. When there is an anomaly, the payment team might require more time than usual to verify that your identity matches the authorized user of the payment source.

Level 1
Oh okay but yeah it’s just weird because I am verified with trueyou and I am trying to contact them to see if I could help because I really want to buy some stuff on OfferUp
Highlighted
Level 1
And at 11 it’ll make the 48hr mark

@Emillz 

If you are concerned, you can ask the seller to cancel the transaction, create an entire NEW AD, and try to buy it on Monday. This method has worked for some people (you can search the forums).

View solution in original post

Level 1
So I had taken your advice as to ask the seller if he could like cancel it and do it again or whatever and I think somehow he was able to cancel my offer or something and accept it again and after he did this I could see the usps tracking and we got a notification from offerup reminding him to ship so we’re good with that order. After that I’m thinking I should be good when I buy from people now since I bought once but yet again I get hit with the payment team reviewing my offer and it could take 48 hours. Just wondering if it’ll do this every time it’s kinda annoying and I feel as if people will think I am doing something wrong. Still just wondering if this is normal for orders. I was also charged for my orders already.

@Emillz wrote:
Just wondering if it’ll do this every time it’s kinda annoying and I feel as if people will think I am doing something wrong. Still just wondering if this is normal for orders. I was also charged for my orders already.

@Emillz 

OU's risk/fraud dectection system takes the pattern of behavior into consideration, so if you plan on buying the same type of item (it seems to occur very frequently to iPhone buyers), who knows. On a positive note, you have cleared it once, so maybe it will allow you to purchase without delay on the next purchase.