Pending TruYou

SOLVED
Level 1
I sent them a message to spread word they wasted my time with confusing info after taking drivers license and private info. Is offer up a scam ??
OfferUp employee

@Ann333 What was confusing? You emailed them today with the same email message, with no real issue, and they have yet to get back to you. We are absolutely not a scam. Let me know how I can help. 

Level 4
Thanks for reaching out @Elin. The email that I got states that the selfie I took and my ID doesn’t match but I used my ID and took a picture of myself.

But then it came to mind that I wear blue color contacts now. Does that effect the computer to not recognize me as the same person or what?
Tags (1)
Level 9

@Cakeeater786

Is the image of the selfie clearly focused? If not, have someone else take the photo. The difference in colored contacts do not make a difference. However the facial image of both the ID and selfie have to be clear/focused enough for a visual comparison.

Level 4
Yes, both images were clearly focused. The selfie has to be extremely close to your face, one possibly can’t ask someone else to take it lol. The phone has to be like 8 inches away from you while taking that picture. Have you not verified TruYou yet?
Level 9

@Cakeeater786
I have no need to be TruYou verified as it is just a marketing gimmic. Although OfferUp associates TruYou with the word "Safe", all it indicates is that the user is a real person. The process does not include a background check of any sort, so there is no advantage to it.

I am familiar with the verification process, as it is simliar to other apps' protocols, like Turo (they even process a credit check for some applicants).

OfferUp employee

@Lapua It is not a marketing gimmick. 

"Although OfferUp associates TruYou with the word "Safe", all it indicates is that the user is a real person." - of course that is the reason. 

Community Manager

Hi there @Cakeeater786 - you might be onto something with the blue contacts! IDs and the selfie pictures must be close enough to confirm that it is the same person in each photo. Having a drastically different eye color definitely could have resulted in the application being rejected.

I'd recommend trying to complete the TruYou process again without the contacts in to see if that helps! I went ahead and made some changes, so you should be able to apply again at this time.

Level 4
Definitely agree with @Elin. This confirming your TruYou account is a bit tedious, but it’s better to know that you’re dealing with a companionate human being instead of a scammer on the other end.
Level 9

Wow...I guess I am some "bot" in the cloud and unsafe.